Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
PERSONAL STATEMENT
As an Indian brought up in Bahrain, a cosmopolitan but traditional Arab society, I had an opportunity to witness both the affluence of oil rich Gulf countries and downtrodden skilled labor. Such contrast have always motivated me to search for the forces, which play a pivotal role in driving an economy and kind of policies those would help bridge the inequalities to bring about a cohesive and inclusive growth.
The current government demonstrated the effort to bring transformation to the nation’s growth process by paying special heed to boost manufacturing sectors, which generates employment opportunities. A cost effective manufacturing would help fetch “Handsome buyer” with high purchasing power to boost demand and hence spur development. The present government is promoting manufacturing sectors as catalysts for the chain reactions to boost Indian economy. I feel, with this initiatives the current government pose a serious pressure on industrial sectors to gather momentum for economic development. With this perception, I find it fascinating to analyze how industries withstand the pressure from government and formulate strategies of their costing/pricing of products aligning themselves with current taxation policies. Theoretical models related to market structures, Neo classical pricing and Australian School of thought, Coase Theorem’s take on externalities, etc, have aroused an inquisitivity in an attempt to find if industries actually behave the way these theories predict.
Having received awarded the 2012 Proficient Student award for securing 100% in Calculus and Statistics by the Madras University has encouraged me to opt for mathematics papers at college level, which has helped me to nurture my numerical analysis in economics. Following up on econometrics papers I am eager to delve into the different statistical tools available to economists to statistically prove the significance or insignificance of any hypothesis under consideration.
I am always eager to observe the current trends in Indian and world economic scenario, which provides me to stay updated with papers like Economic Times and Business Line. Reading Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith has thrilled me with the growth of Economics as a separate discipline. Books on social issues also interest me, which includes Banker’s to the Poor, Snake and Ladder. The successful completion of my summer project on MIGRATION IN TAMIL NADU, a government project funded by the World Bank and undertaken by the Centre for Development Studies, affiliated to the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, has given me an insight on how to proceed with research projects. I am pursuing a research project on the linkages between stock market and the gasoline market, after observing the implications of devaluation of Chinese Yuan on Stock market performance. Besides these academic tasks my hobbies include, trekking, travelling around, scuba diving, classical singing and recently learning to handle portfolio of shares, to add on to. Serving the needy has always been one among my indispensable duties, for which I have been contributing to the Old Age India, Gwalior chapter, and have also been awarded for the ‘Best Social Volunteer 2009’.
I believe that the University will provide the ideal environment which would help me understand the subject and analyze how and why this discipline forms an integral part of our lives. It would give me an opportunity to strengthen my contribution to the development of the subject. After getting the General Proficiency in my Bachelors and securing the highest in my Post Graduation, I have set myself a decent standard and wish to contribute more to the subject, the economy, broaden my career horizon, and improve my competency levels.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
PERSONAL STATEMENT
As an Indian brought up in Bahrain, a cosmopolitan but traditional Arab society, I had an opportunity to witness both the affluence of the oil-rich Gulf countries and the downtrodden skilled labor who work there. Such contrast [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] has always motivated me to search for the forces which play a pivotal role in driving an economy and the kinds of policies [STRIKE]those[/STRIKE] that would help bridge the inequalities to bring about a cohesive and inclusive society. [STRIKE]growth.[/STRIKE]

The current government in India [STRIKE]demonstrated[/STRIKE] has put in much [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] effort to [STRIKE]bring transformation to[/STRIKE] transform the nation's growth [STRIKE]process[/STRIKE] by paying special heed to boost the manufacturing sectors, which generates employment opportunities. Cost-effective manufacturing would help [STRIKE]fetch “Handsome buyer”[/STRIKE] attract buyers with high purchasing power to boost demand and hence spur development. The present government is promoting manufacturing [STRIKE]sectors[/STRIKE] as a catalyst [STRIKE]for the chain reactions[/STRIKE] to boost the Indian economy. I feel, with this initiative, the current government [STRIKE]pose a serious[/STRIKE] has put pressure on industrial sectors to gather momentum for economic development. With this perception, I find it fascinating to analyze how industries withstand the pressure from government and formulate strategies of their costing/pricing of products aligning themselves with current taxation policies. Theoretical models related to market structures, Neo-classical pricing and the Australian school of thought, as well as Coase Theorem’s take on externalities ... etc. have aroused [STRIKE]an inquisitivity in an attempt[/STRIKE] the curiosity in me to find out if industries actually behave the way these theories predict.

Having received [STRIKE]awarded[/STRIKE] the 2012 Proficient Student award [STRIKE]for securing[/STRIKE] after achieving 100% in Calculus and Statistics [STRIKE]by the[/STRIKE] at Madras University has encouraged me to [STRIKE]opt for[/STRIKE] to focus my research on mathematics [STRIKE]papers at college level, which has helped me to[/STRIKE] and nurtured my numerical analysis in economics. [STRIKE]Following up on[/STRIKE] Apart from conducting econometrics research, [STRIKE]papers[/STRIKE] I am eager to [STRIKE]delve into[/STRIKE] learn the different statistical tools available to economists to statistically prove the significance or insignificance of any hypothesis under consideration.

I am always eager to observe the current trends in Indian and world economics, [STRIKE]scenario, which providesme[/STRIKE] and I like to stay updated up to date with [STRIKE]papers[/STRIKE] publications like The Economic Times and Business Line. Reading Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith, I learnt much about how [STRIKE]has thrilled me with the growth of[/STRIKE] economics developed as a separate discipline. Books on social issues also interest me, [STRIKE]which includes[/STRIKE] including Banker's to the Poor, Snake and Ladder. The successful completion of my summer project [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] titled "Migration in Tamil Nadu", a government project funded by the World Bank [STRIKE]and undertaken by[/STRIKE] and conducted at the Centre for Development Studies which is affiliated [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] with the Jawaharlal Nehru University- New Delhi, has given me valuable research experience. [STRIKE]an insight on how to proceed with research projects.[/STRIKE] I am [STRIKE]pursuing[/STRIKE] currently working on a research project on the linkages between the stock market and the gasoline market, after observing the implications of the devaluation of the Chinese Yuan based on stock market performance. Besides these academic tasks, my hobbies include trekking, travelling, [STRIKE]around,[/STRIKE] scuba diving, classical singing and recently learning to handle shares portfolios. [STRIKE]of shares, to add on to.[/STRIKE] Serving the needy has always been one [STRIKE]among[/STRIKE] of my [STRIKE]indispensable[/STRIKE] charitable duties, for which I have been contributing to the Old Age India, Gwalior chapter, and for which I have also been awarded [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] the ‘Best Social Volunteer 2009’.

I believe that [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] XYZ University will provide the ideal environment [STRIKE]which would[/STRIKE] to help me understand the subject deeper and analyze how and why this discipline forms an integral part of our lives. [STRIKE]It would give me an opportunity to strengthen my contribution to the development of the subject.[/STRIKE] After getting [STRIKE]the General Proficiency in[/STRIKE] my bachelors and securing the highest in my master's degree, [STRIKE]Post Graduation,[/STRIKE] I have set myself a [STRIKE]decent[/STRIKE] high standard and wish to contribute more to the subject, the economy, and to broaden my career horizon, and improve my competency levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.