Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Palestinian Territory
Current Location
Egypt
Hello guys, I am writing an essay and wondering which sentence of those is more correct or if their is another suggestion, please say it

it helped thousands of women all over the world get over their infertility problems
it helped thousands of women all over the world get over on their infertility problems
it helped thousands of women all over the world get over their through infertility problems

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Only your first sentence is correct.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It helped thousands of women all over the world get over their through infertility problems.

Technically, none of your sentences was correct - none of them started with a capital letter and none finished with a punctuation mark.

I have left your third sentence in place above because I am very surprised that you thought that "get over their through" could be correct. Are you sure that's what you meant to suggest?

m3zomo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Palestinian Territory
Current Location
Egypt
Thank you for your concentration, for technical part, I do know that but didn't mean correction but for the middle part;)

For third sentence I was wrong, I meant to ask for ( get over through their infertility problems), but thank you for your notes

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thank you for your concentration, for technical part, I do know that but didn't mean correction but for the middle part;)
I can't understand what this means.

For the third sentence, I was wrong. I meant to ask [STRIKE]for ([/STRIKE] if "get over through their infertility problems" was correct, but thank you for your notes.

"Get over through" is also incorrect.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
m3zomo, as you already knew about capital letters and closing punctuation, you should have written your sentences grammatically in post #1 for four reasons:

1. It is a good habit to get into to write grammatically at all times;

2. It is a good example to set for other students who might read your thread;

3. It shows respect for the language and to the teachers and other native speakers here;

4. It would have saved me having to write this and spend five minutes of my life which I'll never get back.

m3zomo

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Palestinian Territory
Current Location
Egypt
All respect for you guys, And thank you for your Five minutes Rover :)

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
All respect to you guys, and thank you for your five minutes​, Rover. [STRIKE]:)[/STRIKE]
Don't use a home-made emoticon to replace a proper punctuation mark. If you want to use a smiley, click on the :-D icon.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If you type it with the nose :-) ;-) :-D, it will automatically turn into :), ;-), :-D, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.