Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi
Someone can suggest me some websites which have many good topics to practise speaking English in group. They are just simple, no need to be complicated. By the way, I also need a websites/forum which provides techniques for controlling a group when practising speaking English especially motivating the group or If you have some ideas about this. Please help me!
Thanks so much :lol:

J

J&K Tutoring

Re: topics to practise speaking English

What website(s) do you use to find topics to practice Vietnamese? None, of course!

You have things to talk about- everyday things like the weather, TV, current events, work, family, etc. These are exactly the topics you should practice in English. There's no use bringing up a topic so obscure that no one knows anything about it.

Each member of your group should be prepared each time you meet to talk about something- anything. You will probably find some topics take longer to get through than others. That is fine. Maybe not everyone will get to present 'their' topic each session, and maybe two or more will have the same topic. That's okay too.

You shouldn't have to 'control' the group. All members should be more or less evenly matched, or its not an effective group. You may have one or two who tend to dominate the discussion, and you may need to ask direct questions to bring others into the discussion. If someone is not contributing to the discussion, they should not be part of your group.

You may find it helpful to keep some sort of record of who attended and who presented their topic. That way, if someone doesn't begin a discussion this week, you can make sure they get their turn next week.

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: topics to practise speaking English

Duplicate/cross posted here.

Note from mod - the 2 threads have now been merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

trueheart_205

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Sorry, I didn't mean to duplicate, just a technical mistake when posting thread :lol:

Note from mod - the 2 threads have now been merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.