• Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

first edition of paper [36,37]

Hi,

We submitted a paper and now, reviewers comment about our papers. we are answering to their comments.

I want to know that use of "But in mentioned references of first edition of paper [36,37]" is correct or not? In fact, Is it wrote?

*But in mentioned references of first edition of paper [36,37], the meshes used to discretize the computational domain are fine enough to resolve the viscous sub layer(Y+ close to 1) at the blade and hub surfaces. Therefore, number of cells increases in these papers.

Thanks.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: first edition of paper [36,37]

It reads like notes to me-I would use a couple of definite articles there.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    It reads like notes to me-I would use a couple of definite articles there.
    I didn't understand your statement. I am grateful that guide me more.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

If someone is making a comment, they often write in notes and cut out words like the that would be necessary if they were writing complete sentences.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

The following sentences is one of comments of reviewer.

14. In the “Grid Independence” analysis, authors state that they tested 3 different grids from 120,000 cells up to 500,000 cells. Previously, they have stated that, in the mesh generation, they have chosen values which “have been specified on the basis of past works…[36, 37]” as major mesh characteristics. However, in those works, meshes have more than a million cells. Please, clarify this apparent incongruity.

Our answer:

In most high-Reynolds-number flows, semi-empirical formulas called "wall functions'' substantially saves computational resources, because number of cells is decreased on the blade. For this reason, the wall functions is popular because it is economical, robust, and reasonably accurate. In this research, we used standard wall function that the blade adjacent cells required the Y+ value in the range of 30-60. In other words, when wall functions are used, it is essential to avoid meshes with y+ values lower than 30. In this research, the y+ value was generally around 60. But in mentioned references of first edition of paper [36,37], the meshes used to discretize the computational domain are fine enough to resolve the viscous sub layer(Y+ close to 1) at the blade and hub surfaces. Therefore, number of cells increases in these papers.
    And also in our study, Computational domain is divided into three domains in order to obtain the structure mesh (two part in inlet domain and exit domain, and six part in middle domain with the turbine blade). Inlet domain and outlet domain were meshed with 25500 and 38250 elements, respectively. Elements of the mesh are gradually reduced in size towards the middle domain.

Now, I am grateful that guide me. I want to know that use of "But in mentioned references of first edition of paper [36,37]," is correct or not? in term of grammar and concept.

Thanks.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Wales

Quote Originally Posted by ali_dd View Post
    "But in mentioned references of first edition of paper [36,37]," is correct or not? in term of grammar and concept."
    It doesn't sound quite right to me, which is probably why you are questioning it. I would use:

"But in the first edition paper, mentioned references [36,37], the meshes used to discretize the computational domain are fine enough to resolve the viscous sub layer (Y+ close to 1) at the blade and hub surfaces."

Does that work for you?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

If it is correct in term of grammar, Yes it work for me.

Thanks,

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Wales

Hi ali_dd,

Yes it is grammatically correct, because in this instance you can strike out the section providing more information about the first edition paper, and the sentence will still make sense. You need the definite article "the" in the first part of the sentence because you are specifically talking about one paper (your paper), not just any first edition paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckaslike View Post
    "But in the first edition paper, mentioned references [36,37], the meshes used to discretize the computational domain are fine enough to resolve the viscous sub layer (Y+ close to 1) at the blade and hub surfaces."