Student or Learner
Native Language
Kurdish
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
hello guys
may you please read and correct my SOP. it is written for an online application. first i have written the question.

thanks so much in advance

In the personal letter you should write a short explanation of who you are and what you have done. You should also write about why you are applying for the advertised job and what you think you can add to the company if you get the job.

Based on my passion about genetics topics as well as cells in high school I made my mind to study Cell & Molecular Biology at university. I would like to mention during bachelor I used to work 6 hours a day, four days a week and I commuted more than four hours a day and still found time to participating in English class and gym and remain among top 5% of students. After passing several courses such as genetics, cellular biology, and molecular biology and particularly participating in a seminar about noncoding RNAs I was sure I want to study genetics for master and work on noncoding RNAs for my thesis project. Although the first aim which was depends on me materialized and I ranked 28[SUP]th[/SUP] among more than 12000 students participated in collection biology (Genetics, Cellular & Molecular biology, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biophysics and Biochemistry) and I accepted in one of the top universities in my country, unfortunately the second one because of lack of facility did not. Hence based on my supervisor suggestion and my keen on helping diagnosis and cure diseases who genetics play a role in their manifest I decided to work on an autoimmune disease called Henoch-Schonlein purpura which has several demonstrations. It is worth to mention that during master because of my job I traveled 1780km by bus every week to attend the university for four days a week and worked more than 12 hours every day in laboratory.
apart from being hardworking (working more than 12 hours each day in laboratory), my previous research experience includes communicating with patients and their families, working on disease, being independent in solving problems (usually I tried to find the answers by searching on net and specially ask them in research gate), my motivation (traveling 890km every week for two and a half years to attend at university), and being familiar with some bioinformatics tools because of two conference papers I have presented in two conferences makes me sure that giving me the opportunity I believe I will be a perfect figure in this institute.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
In the personal letter you should write a short explanation of who you are and what you have done. You should also write about why you are applying for the advertised job and what you think you can add to the company if you get the job.

Based on my passion [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] for genetics [STRIKE]topics[/STRIKE] as well as cells, [STRIKE]in high school[/STRIKE] I made up my mind in high school to study cell and molecular biology at university.

I would like to mention that during my bachelor's degree I [STRIKE]used to[/STRIKE] worked 6 hours a day, four days a week, and I commuted more than four hours a day and still found time to participate [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] in English classes and go to the gym and still remain [STRIKE]among[/STRIKE] in the top 5% of students in my class. After passing several courses such as genetics, cellular biology, and molecular biology and particularly participating in a seminar about noncoding RNAs, I was sure I wanted to study genetics for my master's and work on noncoding RNAs for my thesis project. [STRIKE]Although the[/STRIKE]

My first aim [STRIKE]which was depends on me[/STRIKE] materialized, and I ranked 28[SUP]th[/SUP] among more than 12000 students [STRIKE]participated[/STRIKE] enrolled in collection biology courses (Genetics, Cellular & Molecular biology, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biophysics and Biochemistry). [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] I was thus accepted in one of the top universities in my country, but unfortunately [STRIKE]the second one[/STRIKE] because of the lack of research facilities, my second ambition could not be realized. [STRIKE]did not.[/STRIKE] Hence, based on my supervisor's suggestion and my keenness on helping improve diagnosis prospects and cure diseases [STRIKE]who[/STRIKE] in which genetics play a role, [STRIKE]in their manifest[/STRIKE] I decided to work on an autoimmune disease called Henoch-Schonlein Purpura. [STRIKE]which has several demonstrations. It is worth to mention[/STRIKE] I wish to point out that during my master's [STRIKE]because of my job[/STRIKE] I traveled 1780km by bus every week to attend the university for four days a week and worked more than 12 hours every day in a laboratory.

Apart from being hardworking (working more than 12 hours each day in the laboratory), my previous research experience includes communicating with patients and their families, working on various diseases, being independent in solving problems (usually I tried to find the answers by searching on net and especially [STRIKE]ask them in[/STRIKE] ResearchGate), [STRIKE]my motivation (traveling 890km every week for two and a half years to attend at university),[/STRIKE] and being familiar with some bioinformatics tools because of two conference papers I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] presented in two conferences.

Therefore, I feel confident that I will succeed should I be given the opportunity to join your prestigious institute. [STRIKE]makes me sure that giving me the opportunity I believe I will be a perfect figure in this institute. [/STRIKE]

My sincere thanks, and I look forward to your positive response,

Yours faithfully,

XYZ

Status
Not open for further replies.