• Native Language:
      • Hebrew
      • Home Country:
      • Israel
      • Current Location:
      • Israel

Can't say for sure how to say the slogan properly

Hello there!
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm kinda not really sure how to say the next slogan in right way, and 'cause I want it to be perfect, I would be glad if you could assist me with it so it'll be right spelled by grammar rules and etc.

The slogan:

"simple, but powerful solutions"

The slogan, as I got it, shouldn't consist capital letters
    I'm really not sure about comma... I know it should be there by grammatical rules(right?), but 'cause this is a slogan, I'm not sure about it
    Perhaps there's some more you may add in order so it will look more "right"?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Can't say for sure how to say the slogan properly

Quote Originally Posted by baigajus View Post
    Hello there!
    I'm not a native English speaker and I'm kinda kind of not really sure how to say the next slogan in right way. and Because I want it to be perfect, I would be glad if you could assist me with it so it'll be grammatically correct. right spelled by grammar rules and etc.

The slogan:

"simple, but powerful solutions"

The slogan, as I got wrote it, shouldn't consist contain capital letters. Why not?

I'm really not sure about the comma. I know it should be there by grammatical rules (space required here) (right?) (no comma here) but because this is a slogan, I'm not sure about it.
    Perhaps there's something more you may might add in order so to make it will look more "right".

Thanks. :) Don't try to make your own emoticons. Click on the icon in the toolbar and choose the appropriate one.
    Welcome to the forum.

See my changes above. Don't use non-standard words/phrases like "kinda". Write "because" in full.

Why don't you want capital letters in your slogan? There is no need for the comma. If we knew what this is a slogan for, we might be able to make more suggestions.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hebrew
      • Home Country:
      • Israel
      • Current Location:
      • Israel

What 'ta...

why the heck r u correctin' somethin' i didn't even ask for. it should be like total understandable what did I ask for.
    maybe u're some sort of a geek who can't stand with the i-net slog or something, but hotdamn, smiles?! r u Finsane?

generally I would appreciate some corrections with this kinda context as my msg was, but it seems like you're having a narrow forehead or smthng

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by baigajus View Post
    What 'ta...

Why the heckr u are you correcting something I didn't even ask for? What I asked for should be like totally understandable. what did I ask for.

Maybe you're some sort of a geek who can't stay keep up with the i-net internet slog or something, but hotdamn, smilies?! r u Are you Finsane insane?

Generally, I would appreciate some corrections with this kinda kind of context as my msg message was, but it seems like you're having a narrow forehead or smthng something.
    Thank you so much for your comments. I am neither insane nor do I have a particularly narrow forehead. I am also perfectly capable of using the internet. I am an English teacher, volunteering my time on a forum dedicated to teaching people how to use English correctly.

This is your one and only chance to get to grips with the rules of this forum. If you don't write correctly in future posts and if you hand out any more insults, you will almost certainly be banned.

Would you like help with your slogan or not?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hebrew
      • Home Country:
      • Israel
      • Current Location:
      • Israel

lol. what a lamesh*tbi*ch answer...

u're not livin' in a bubble, there's a world on the outside. h-ello :)

teacher, u say? a tyrant one, I'm sure!
    u're a BAD teacher, and if u don't know why - that's ur problem. u may get help with it or stay with it - it's ur d*mn choice. but u sure got it, baby.

would I like help with my slogan or not? please, someone... tell me... would I rly like help with it?

well, certainly not from you emsr2d2.
    I don't like u
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 12-Oct-2015 at 14:20. Reason: Added asterisks to swearing

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Bye bye. It's been a delight.