Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
hi
i have stories and i need someone who is native to edit them.
thanks

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hi
I have stories and I need someone who is native to edit them.
Thanks.

Welcome to the forums. I have edited your title to something more acceptable and moved your thread to the appropriate forum. I have also corrected the punctuation and capitalisation in your text.

mqcaah

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Welcome to the forums. I have edited your title to something more acceptable and moved your thread to the appropriate forum. I have also corrected the punctuation and capitalisation in your text.

Thanks,bhaisahab

Would please help me editing my stories. If yes, tell me where can I send it to you:)

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I don't help with questions outside of the public forums. If you want help, post your stories on this forum.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks, (space required here) bhaisahab.

Would please help me to edit[strike]ing[/strike] my stories? If yes, tell me where can I send [strike]it[/strike] them to you. :)

Note my corrections to your post above (spacing and punctuation).

As bhaisahab said, you can post short excerpts of your stories here in the Editing and Writing Topics section and someone might look at them. Did you write these stories yourself? Did you write them simply for pleasure?

Last edited:

mqcaah

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Note my corrections to your post above (spacing and punctuation).

As bhaisahab said, you can post short excerpts of your stories here in the Editing and Writing Topics section and someone might look at them. Did you write these stories yourself? Did you write them simply for pleasure?

yes, i wrote them myself, they are for kids. i can't post them here because they are too long.
one story is ten pages.
Do you understand me?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes, I wrote them myself. They are for kids. I can't post them here because they are too long.
One story is ten pages.
Do you understand me?

I understand you but I think you have misunderstood the purpose of this forum. This is not a free proofreading and editing service. If you are writing books for children (especially if you are hoping to get them published), you need to pay a professional proofreader/editor.

As I said before, you can post short excerpts here, particularly paragraphs or sentences where you have a specific concern about the correctness of your English and we will be able to look at them.

mqcaah

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I understand you but I think you have misunderstood the purpose of this forum. This is not a free proofreading and editing service. If you are writing books for children (especially if you are hoping to get them published), you need to pay a professional proofreader/editor.

As I said before, you can post short excerpts here, particularly paragraphs or sentences where you have a specific concern about the correctness of your English and we will be able to look at them.

Ok, thank you. I get it now.

Question: why are you correcting capitalization? I know that some letters should be capitalized but when I write quickly, I don't care if it is C or S. It is not a big mistakes.

Just correct the form of the sentence.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I know that some letters should be capitalized but when I write quickly, I don't care if it is C or S. It is not a big mistakes.

You might not care but we do (and you should).

mqcaah

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
You might not care but we do (and you should).

emsr2d2, I care about the language, don't take it as an offensive, what I meant was most pp. write the same way and it is okay,it is not that big mistake. If the form of the sentence is correct, then it is fine.

Question: Do you still think it is a big mistake to write without capitalization especially when we have a conversation????

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Yes, it's a very big mistake and we will not tolerate it.

Last edited:

mqcaah

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Okay, thank you for your replying but I think emsr2d2 has two hands to type and reply.
I asked her, so let her reply to me.

Last edited:

mqcaah

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
The double brackets around emsr2d2 are incorrect. No punctuation is needed around a person's name. You need to delete 'me' or put 'to' before it. One full stop is sufficient.

You are so strict. As I know English is a flexible and playful language but you made it looks hard.

What is wrong with two (()) around the name?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Question: why are you correcting capitalization? I know that some letters should be capitalized but when I write quickly, I don't care if it is C or S. It is not a big mistake.

I know this might seem rather obvious, but if you spell a word differently you can easily wind up with a word that was not intended. Also, if you are going to publish a book (presumably to be read by people) how can you not want to get it right? As for getting paid to edit stuff, I wouldn't mind trying that.

mqcaah

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
I know this might seem rather obvious, but if you spell a word differently you can easily wind up with a word that was not intended. Also, if you are going to publish a book (presumably to be read by people) how can you not want to get it right? As for getting paid to edit stuff, I wouldn't mind trying that.

Okay, can we talk privet ?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This is a forum. You may have directed your question toward one particular person, but anybody who wants to may answer. We have different standards here than other places because this is a language forum. It is a good thing to develop good habits, don't you think?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Okay, can we talk privately?

PM me if you like, but I can't make it here (the senior center) every day. If you want to see what I do you can look at my posts. (I am an obsessive-compulsive proofreader. Do you know what that is?)
:)

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
You are so strict. As I know English is a flexible and playful language but you made it looks hard.

English is a flexible language up to a point but it does have rules, as anyone learning it in a scholastic environment will soon discover. Playing fast and loose with those rules will find them failing exams. One of the primary aims of this site is to help students of English use the language correctly. If you don't like it, please feel free to go elsewhere.

mqcaah

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
This is a forum. You may have directed your question toward one particular person, but anybody who wants to may answer. We have different standards here than other places because this is a language forum. It is a good thing to develop good habits, don't you think?

I don't mind that but I want to hear the reply from emsr2d2, Is that also a big mistake?:-?

Anyway, I want to talk to you
privately to discuss editing stuff.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You are so strict. As I know English is a flexible and playful language, but you made it look hard.

It's pretty clear to me that you need to develop better habits. But you have come to the right place for help with that.

It's just that ((Tarheel)) is not my name. That's what's wrong with it.
:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.