[Grammar] Need help to rewrite these sentences (paraphrasing, CAE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopeP

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
Hello, i'm studying in order to apply for an exam to get into college. I did these sentences but they might be possibly wrong, so if someone can help me i would be very grateful about it. Thanks!!
The words in capital letters must no be change!

1.It's a pity I have to work tomorrow.--> I WISH i didn't have to work tomorrow
2.I wouldn't have reached the summit if John hadn't assisted me--> HAD IT not been for John's assistance, i wouldn't have reached the summit.
3.Please dont turn on the radio--> I'D RATHER you didn't turn up the radio
4 There is clear evdence that Steven did not break into the building--> IT CANT have been Steven who broke into the building.
5.What brought about her downfall was her inability to give in--> IT WAS her inability to give in what brought her downfall
6.Should you happen to see her, please tell her i'd like to have a word with her--> WERE you happen to see her, please...
7.i wish he wouldn't change his mind all the time--> HE IS always changing his mind
8.i seldom see her these days-->SELDOM do i see her these days
9. the minute she alked out the door, she realized she'd left her keys inside.-->NO SOONER did she walk out the door than she realized ...
10.this course of studies will take me five years--> IN FIVE YEARS' TIME i will have been graduated.
11.i dint help you because i didn't know the answes to the question--> IF I knew the answer to the question i would help you
12.he would like it much better if she filled in for him at the meeting-->HE'D RATHER like it much better than(?)

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Have another look at 6/9/11/12. Also, I would use the active in 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.