English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear DAAD Selection Committee,

I have always been very [STRIKE]responsive[/STRIKE] meticulous in planning my educational and professional life. Obtaining a high quality education is the most important goal for me. [STRIKE]term in my long-term plan.[/STRIKE] With this letter, I [STRIKE]will show you[/STRIKE] intend to demonstrate my strong interest in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] your scholarship program which [STRIKE]is a key to my[/STRIKE] would help me establish a successful career.

My first interaction with a computer happened when my parents bought me a gift laptop for my 12th birthday. Although most of the time my older brother used it, his interest in information technology [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] had an enormous impact on my life. We started to study programming languages together, and [STRIKE]this a lot imporoved [/STRIKE] that greatly improved my [STRIKE]computational[/STRIKE] IT skills. Thus, when I studied at school, I had already been experienced in coding and web development. My experience allowed me not only to write the program for the [STRIKE]project, with which we have participated in the[/STRIKE] International Olympiad INEPO EUROASIA competition, but also to [STRIKE]take[/STRIKE] win first prize in that competition. [STRIKE] place.[/STRIKE] After graduating from school, I without hesitation decided to study Computer Science at Baku State University in order to strengthen my practical skills with relevant theory. [STRIKE]Though I was the third best among applicants to the programme,[/STRIKE] During my studies there, I was able to [STRIKE]get[/STRIKE] rise to the top of [STRIKE]the list[/STRIKE] my class and [STRIKE]have been named[/STRIKE] and earned “The Best Student of The Year” in 2013.

While volunteering at the Olympiad on Informatics, I encountered [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a problem that greatly interested me. Part of my job was to help the participants correctly use the interface for the online submission process. I realized how much we [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] were lagging behind foreign universities in terms of online education [STRIKE]from foreign universities[/STRIKE] and how important the user interface is in solving this problem. For [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] that reason, [STRIKE]along with training,[/STRIKE] and to improve my practical skills, I started to apply my knowledge to real-life problems. [STRIKE]in practice.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]This job has[/STRIKE] That episode allowed me to understand how important it is to study the means and tools of representing, processing and storing information. Therefore, to obtain general information and extensive experience in this field, I'm [STRIKE]going to get a more specific and in-depth knowledge,[/STRIKE] I'm applying for this course which I believe will [STRIKE]allow me to[/STRIKE] help me succeed in my future career. Furthermore, German technical universities are among the best in the world in [STRIKE]the level[/STRIKE] terms of their excellent standard of education and [STRIKE]on the possibility of[/STRIKE] the opportunity for obtaining invaluable practical experience. Also, many of my friends and acquaintances, who had studied in Germany, spoke very [STRIKE]well about[/STRIKE] highly of their educational experience in Germany. Education in this country in English will not only allow me to become an expert at international level, but also to test myself in an increasingly competitive and challenging environment.

My first choice is the Media Informatics programme offered by RWTH at Aachen University because of its international orientation and high level of [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] integration of research and teaching. But specifically, what attracts me most is the fact the [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] programme will allow me to successfully meet the challenges in the core areas of media informatics like Computer Graphics, Designing Interactive Systems, and Object-Oriented Software Construction. I also [STRIKE]appreciate[/STRIKE] realize that the alumni with a degree [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] from RWTH Aachen are deemed to be best prepared for the job and are highly regarded [STRIKE]preferred to be hired[/STRIKE] by [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] most international companies.

[STRIKE]Both the other two[/STRIKE] My two other programme choices are designed to provide their graduates with outstanding analytical, creative and research skills for the development of software and application systems for digital media. The Computer Science and Media programme of Bauhaus University is distinguished by its internationally renowned teachers; and Applied Mathematics in Digital Media of University of Applied Sciences Mittweida is also perfect for me since it [STRIKE]will give[/STRIKE] provides a very deep understanding of the underlying mathematical structures and algorithms in Computer Graphics.

[STRIKE]Following the Master’s Degree,[/STRIKE] After I obtain my masters degree, I'm going to help Azerbaijan to reach a higher level in the field of data visualization. Since efficient tools for data processing and storage are key [STRIKE]tools[/STRIKE] in any field, I believe that my knowledge and skills will be invaluable in achieving this goal.

In conclusion, I am very grateful for having this opportunity to realize my dreams, and [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] I look forward to getting a favorable reply.

Yours faithfully,
[STRIKE]Sincerely,[/STRIKE]
Rahimzde Gulnar

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Gingerwisl, it's very impertinent to remove the contents of a thread after someone has taken so much time to work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.