• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan

rote learning

Please help me correct the paragraph as follows. Thanks!

One of my classmates often obtains high grades in exams which makes him conceited and he thinks his classmates are not competent to compete with him. He never knows that why he can get high grades is he learns by roting a vast number of practicing questions, training to be able to how to answer single-choice questions mechanically which are the same as the examination questions. He cannot identify his blind spots and realize rote learning does not really give him any insight into his subject.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: rote learning

Quote Originally Posted by contiluo View Post
    One of my classmates often obtains high grades in exams which makes him conceited and he thinks leads him to think his classmates are not competent able to compete with him. He never knows doesn't realize that why the reason he can get such high grades is that he learns by roting memorizing a vast number of single-choice practice ing questions , training to be able to how to answer single-choice questions mechanically which are the same as the examination questions. He cannot identify his weak areas blind spots and does not realize that such rote learning does not really give him any genuine insight into his subject.