• Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

because, as, since

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to figure out the meanings of "because, as and since" are the same? Using them in a sentence include the same rule or method?

I prepare to IELTS and i realized that i use many times "because" and i need some synonyms instead of this conjunction. The other thing is that if you can, i need the synonym instead of "and". I know a synonym which is "as well as". However, I don't know for sure it is accurate or not?

Can you give some synonyms with several examples related to "because and and"?

Thank you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: because, as, since

Quote Originally Posted by jammyfellow View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have been trying to figure out if the meanings of "because", "as" and "since" are the same. Does their usage follow Using them in a sentence include the same rule or method?

I am preparing for the to IELTS test, and I've realized that I use many times "because" repeatedly, and so I need some synonyms instead of this conjunction. The other thing is that if you can, I also need the synonyms instead of "and". I know a synonym which is "as well as". However, I don't know for sure if it is accurate or not?

Can you give some synonyms with several examples related to "because" and "and"?

Thank you.
    It would be much more fruitful for you to provide the sentences. That would be a much more active approach to learning the correct use of words in English. Try that and post back. We'll be to help you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by teechar View Post
    It would be much more fruitful for you to provide the sentences. That would be a much more active approach to learning the correct use of words in English. Try that and post back. We'll be to help you.
    Thank you for correcting me.

I have been trying the figure out if the meanings of "because", "as" and "since" are the equal. Does their usage follow rule or method?

I am preparing for the IELTS test, and I have realized that I use "because" and "and" repeatedly, hence I need some synonyms of these conjunction. I also need synonyms of "and". I know a synonym which is "as well as".

Now, can you give some synonyms to me with several examples related to "because" and "and"?

I hope i did better rather than before. Thank you.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

You still haven't provided any sample sentences.
    “Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”

— Arthur Schopenhauer

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    You still haven't provided any sample sentences.
    Oh, sorry.

For "and" ;
    Increasing traffic congestions is detrimental to environment as well as it cause the rising carbon foot print.
    Increasing traffic congestions is detrimental to environment and it cause the rising carbon foot print.
    For "because" ;
    Smoking in public places should be outlawed because it is harmful.
    Smoking in public places should be outlawed as it is harmful.
    Smoking in public places should be outlawed since it is harmful.
    Last edited by jammyfellow; 11-Nov-2015 at 19:45.