Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
As rambunctious as this man was, he was still the envy of everyone. Most of us struggle through our petty lives, swearing and cussing at everything and everyone we get our hands on. He just chose not to do that, and instead he lived a life that even the Gods would have been envious of!

Any Errors?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You have come up with some strange sentences. The word "gods" is rarely capitalized in its plural form.

GTG!

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I can't see what just adds to the third sentence.

kuben123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
As rambunctious as this man was, he was still admired by everyone. Some of us struggle through our petty lives, swearing and cussing at everything we get our hands on. He chose not to do that, and instead he lived a life that would have been the envy of the Gods!

When, out of the blue and after many years of absence, he appeared at our doorstep, we greeted him with boundless affection. Flabbergasted by the hugs and kisses rained upon him, he was speechless and spellbound. Oh! how we missed this "Goliath of Wits", without whom our lives would have been stale and lifeless!

Problems??

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It seems that I responded to this previously. Let's look at one sentence at a time.

As rambunctious as this man was, he was still admired by everyone.

I do not know why you say he was rambunctious, and I do not have a clue as to why he was admired by everyone. Perhaps:

He was the smartest man in any room he was in. He was admired by everyone.

(You seemed to use the word "rambunctious" only because you wanted to use that word in a sentence.)

Some of us struggle through our petty lives, swearing and cussing at everything we get our hands on.

That sentence makes no sense.

He chose not to do that, and instead he lived a life that would have been the envy of the gods.

How do you choose not to do something that nobody does in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.