[Application] Do you have currently any opportunities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xikitaa

Member Type
Other
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
England
Deal All,

I am writing a speculative application to an employee. I want to ask him if he's aware of any current/future job openings.
I wonder what is the best way to ask? .. or how would you formulate it keeping the current/future notion in my sentence?
My try:

• I would like to know if you have currently any opportunities matching my profile at the moment or that may arise in the future?
  • I wanted to know if you were aware of any current any opportunities that could match my profile at the moment or that may arise in the future?
  • I was wondering if you were aware of any current any opportunities that could match my profile at the moment or that may arise in the future?
Thank you in advance for your kind assistance!

Dena11

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi Xikitaa, Please note that you are contacting Employers not Employees.

Here is a suggestion: I am contacting you to inquire about current or future openings at your firm that match my skills and experience.

xikitaa

Member Type
Other
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
England
Hi Xikitaa, Please note that you are contacting Employers not Employees.

Here is a suggestion: I am contacting you to inquire about current or future openings at your firm that match my skills and experience.

Thank you Dena. Sorry for the confusion, I am actually contacting employee (who I know through someone) asking them if they are aware of any openings.
As your proposition is no more an interrogative sentence, I guess I would need another sentence after.
"I am contacting you to inquire about current or future openings at your firm that match my skills and experience
Is I would be very grateful if you could let me know of any opportunity arising."

I am not sure:-?, I would need something that forces him to reply in any case. I can't find a way to turn the 2nd sentence into a question..:oops:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If you already know this person, even if it's through someone else, I'd be less formal.

"Hi, this is Xikitaa. We both know [name of mutual friend]. Can you let me know if there are any job vacancies where you work?"

xikitaa

Member Type
Other
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
England
If you already know this person, even if it's through someone else, I'd be less formal.

"Hi, this is Xikitaa. We both know [name of mutual friend]. Can you let me know if there are any job vacancies where you work?"

Actually I know the first person person quickly and I unfortunately really can't be formal at all, French are really like that when it comes to work and hierarchy.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If it needs to be formal, I'd go with something like:

Dear [name of employee]

I would be very grateful if you could tell me if there are currently any job vacancies at [name of company].

Thank you.

[Your name]

Bear in mind that your friend, if he/she is just an employee, might not know about vacancies. He/she probably also has no idea what your profile, skills or experience are.

It might be better to ask them to put you in touch with the HR/recruitment department so that you can send them your CV to keep on file in case any suitable vacancies arise in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.