Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Hi everyone!
I need some gracious help from Native English Speaker toread a short story (around 1700 words, a little bit more than 3pages) that Ihad to wrote for an assignment. I know it’s not really authorize on the forumbut I want to make clear something before and to explain to you why I am askingthis J
I wrote it in English so I’m not asking for any translationor anything. It took me a lot of time to write it mainly because I write it directlyin English and I had to do search about a lot of things. And still I know thatsome sentences or ideas that I wrote might be difficult to get for a NativeEnglish Speaker, as my teacher is American I want him to understand and not losehim along the story.
My teacher actuallyencouraged us to ask for help of Native English Speaker before get theassignment back to him. And even told us that if we haven’t any Native Englishspeaker in our surroundings we can post it on an English forum!
So if you are interested and have time don’t hesitate toanswer me (I will send it to you by email)
Thank you very much in advance
Audrey

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If this is an assignment, we are unable to help you here. Your teacher/tutor wants to see your work, not ours.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
That is difficult to verify.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I made no accusation; I simply stated a fact. And what, pray tell, is "natural justice"?

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It seems to be a rather dated term.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Even your source said it was dated. BrE is not my specialty. Instead of getting us bogged down in side issues, as is your habit, why not deal with my actual comment?

audrey_28

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Well, no fight!
I'm aware of the problem it may imply. But it's actually true, the purpose of my teacher on this assignment at least is not to punish our bad English Expression, trust me he's got many other occasions for this. My short story is an assignment he gave us almost two months ago, the aim is to returned something elaborated :))
I still have hope, maybe I will try to found someone in "real-life" ;)
thanks

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
From your source: "While the term natural justice is often retained as a general concept, it has largely been replaced and extended by the general "duty to act fairly".

Yes, leaving is a good idea. We have wasted enough forum time on your overreaction to my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.