Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
As you would be aware that Chennai is down with heavy rain and there is a flood like situation; we could not get the 'C' form signed due to this.

If the situation gets normal, will send you signed form by Wednesday. Please bear with us till then.

Also would like to request you to close out the TDS issue at the earliest since Auditors are chasing me since last two months.

Thanks for your understanding.

Are the above sentences OK? Please suggest

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
As you will be aware Chennai is affected by heavy rain and there is a flood like situation; we could not get the 'C' form signed due to this.

If the situation becomes normal, we will send you the signed form by Wednesday. Please bear with us until then.

Also, we would like to request that you close the TDS issue at the earliest possible time since the Auditors have been chasing us about this for the last two months.

Thanks for your understanding.

suniljain

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
As you will be aware Chennai is affected by heavy rain........

What difference it makes if I use "would"? I understand "will" signifies more certainty than "would".

suniljain

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
In this case, use 'will' if to express certainty , and 'may might' to express possibility. 'Would' does not work here.

Can you please educate me why " would' is not correct.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
It needs a conditional to follow it, such as 'As you would be aware if you read the newspapers, Chennai is affected by heavy rain...'

Status
Not open for further replies.