• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Telelinguistics as a secondary bi-lingual communication

I think the official language of telelinguistics is Klingon.

2. Newbie
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Wink Re: Telelinguistics as a secondary bi-lingual communication

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNewYork View Post
    I think the official language of telelinguistics is Klingon.
    It is not TELEPATHIC it is TELE-LINGUISTIC.

It is a shame that only a limited amount of intelligent people have experienced telelinguistic communication intelligently enough to reveal the experience to people. However it is a natural progression that communication and language will enevitably engage in wether the less informed are aware of the revolution or not.

i can only offer you what i believe to be the truth.

you can only accept or reject your own understanding/misunderstanding.

remember that next time you wish to reject what you believe to be the truth.

3. Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

How can there be a revolution if no one apart from this intelligent elite who experience things intelligently notices? Genuinely revolutionary things tend to be a bit more noticeable.

4. Newbie
    Retired Academic
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Several studies have been made about the possibilities of telecommunication. The latest experiment conducted by scientists headed by French scientist Pascual-Leone. This approach is not actually novel. Pascual-Leone's experiment used encoded messages using binary codes-assigning letters to a particular set of binary numbers to represent a combination of words. The person sending a message did not have visual or physical contact with the other person he was sending the message to.
    The other experiment conducted at the University of Washington last year used EEG-to-TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) similar to treating depression. The ultimate goal is to achieve direct brain-to-brain communication without the benefit of having to use cell phone or any visual gadget or even learn any language. Scientists believe that this could be helpful in allowing people who lost their ability to speak or even use of their hands and feet to communicate. Sounds like science fiction at best but a possibility which we may not see in our lifetime.
    It is safe to assume that this is beyond hypothesis since experiments are ongoing. Beyond this, it is a theory that has established ideas that can be pursued to benefit man.
    Skeptics abound when we see an idea such as this. . . but Einstein's great ideas started off as theories.

Key Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

So basically brain to brain email? Sounds like it'd need a strong spam filter.
    Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

6. Newbie
    Retired Academic
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Red face Re: Telelinguistics as a secondary bi-lingual communication

The human brain is so complex that no advanced training will give us the knowledge how neurons work in terms of connecting those electrical pulses. Each part of our body sends information (input) to the brain that in turn tells us when to express sadness, feel pain and show satisfaction. Tell that to a programmer (to write an application) and find out what his or her response would be. We all know which part of the brain is responsible for aptitude in math, art and writing. . . and that is about all we know so far.

To come up with the analogy and suggest that brain-to-brain communication is like email and thereby vulnerable to hackers is too simplistic. Those experiments conducted by elite group of scientists deserve recognition and too valuable to be dragged into a drawn out cynicism.
    Whenever we focus on something, our brain can “tune out” anomalies that will otherwise disrupt the thinking process and therefore no need for any spam filtering.
    This awesome feature of our brain will out-perform any spam filtering application ever written by any top notch programmer. . . unless of course the (subject) person had degenerated to a state of cognitive dissonance for indulging copious amount of canned pork fat in spam.

No offense to our Hawaiian friends who consider spam an important part of the culinary specialty. I like spam once in a while whenever I stop for a meal in Honolulu.

VIP Member
    Academic
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I reject what I believe to be nonsense.

VIP Member
    Academic
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Turner View Post
    . . . but Einstein's great ideas started off as theories.
    I'd suggest that Einstein's theories started off as great ideas.

VIP Member
    Academic
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

I agree.

10. Newbie
    Retired Academic
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Generally, I'd say theory (as you have stated) comes after an idea has been conceived. An architect's concept of how a structure would be built . . . and then hopefully the expectation (theory) that it would serve the purpose of solving the homeless problem. The algorithm would certainly fit in.

In Einstein's case however , it works the other way round. His theory of relativity is: all motion must be defined as relative to space and time. Given these relationship, there can be no motion when two objects are moving at the same speed. Then he postulated (came up with idea) that to justify the theory of relativity, local affects of gravity must be considered on either one of the speeding objects that is measured in terms of time.
    This is a simple (layman) explanation of the theory without citing other factors like motion in a vacuum, mass and inertia etc.

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last