Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Dear teachers, I'v got an English question: Does the sentence below have any grammer problems? ["Golden block" is a logo which has most geometry relations involving golden ratio.] the phrase "geometry relations" is correct? Or how to say it correctly? Thanks very much!

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Note the correct spelling of grammar.
The sentence is meaningless to me I'm afraid.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
[STRIKE]Dear teachers, I'v​e got an English question:[/STRIKE] This is unnecessary. Just go ahead and ask your question.

Does the sentence below have any grammar problems?

"Golden block" is a logo which has most geometry relations involving the golden ratio. (I removed the unnecessary brackets.)

Is the phrase "geometry relations" [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] correct? [STRIKE]Or how to[/STRIKE] If not, how can I say it correctly?
Please study my amendments to your post, especially the layout and the correct way to ask your questions.

Like bhai, I am unable to understand what you are asking.

J

J&K Tutoring

Dear teachers, I'v got an English question: Does the sentence below have any grammer problems? ["Golden block" is a logo which has most geometry relations involving golden ratio.] the phrase "geometry relations" is correct? Or how to say it correctly? Thanks very much!

I'm pretty sure your "Golden Block" refers to the Golden Rectangle.

I think you can reach Wikipedia from China. Try this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio If you can read English well, it should be a help to you.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The Golden ratio is a principle of aethetics used in the field of design for the proportioning of design elements to achieve a pleasing and orderly composition.

How about : The design of the "Golden Block" (a name I presume) logo is based on the principle of the Golden ratio.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I don't think there's any need to capitalise "golden" in "golden ratio".

Happy117

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi, everyone

I mean I am designing a website logo named "Golden Block" (not finished yet) similar to those logos on google image

( https://www.google.com.hk/search?hl=zh-CN&q=golden+ratio+logo )

but my logo has much more geometry relations than those logos involving the golden ratio.

So I say:

"Golden Block" is a logo which has most geometry relations involving the golden ratio.

Hope all of you understand me now, How to say it correctly?

Thanks again!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, everyone

I mean I am designing a website logo named "Golden Block" (not finished yet) similar to those logos on google image

( https://www.google.com.hk/search?hl=zh-CN&q=golden+ratio+logo )

but my logo has much more geometry relations than those logos involving the golden ratio.

So I say:

"Golden Block" is a logo which has most geometry relations involving the golden ratio.

Hope all of you understand me now, How to say it correctly?

Thanks again!

I am afraid most people wouldn't know what you are talking about. I certainly don't, starting with "geometry relations".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm not really with you either. I can only think you might mean something like "The Golden Block logo incorporates many patterns based on the golden ratio". That still assumes that people know what the golden ratio is. I only know what it is because my ex-flatmate is a photographer and he showed me examples used in art, architecture and photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.