• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Thai
      • Home Country:
      • Thailand
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

Smile is this sentence correct?

could you help rewrite this sentence more naturaly and correctly. I need to show this sentence on webpage so, i need you all ensure me that it's the right for annoucement in public. (ps. i have changed some of information for privacy)

" arit is an Architect .

He Graduated with a Faculty of Architecture bachelor degree from Kaset University

in 2014. After that, He has been working with institute of the arts in bamboo

architect section .

He join the Boho hill project since August 2014 and is responsible for the Meditation

cluster of Boho hill. He is also designing the Meditation hall building.

Nowadays , bamboo architecture is the alternative choice for sustainable living and

the building in this project is created from bamboo and earth.Therefore, this project is worth to join."

thank you very much
    witk

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

Re: is this sentence correct?

Arit is an architect who graduated with an architecture degree from Kaset University in 2014. He has been working with the Institute of the Arts in the Bamboo Architecture section. He has been involved in the Boho Hill project since Aug 2014, being in charge of the Meditation Cluster of Boho Hill and the design of the Meditation Building. Nowadays, bambooo architecture is recognized as an alternative for sustainable living. The project, constructed of bamboo and earth, is thus a worthwhile undertaking.
    I am not a teacher.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Who is the audience? I really question the need for trying to justify project. "worth to join" - what does that mean?
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

3. Newbie
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Thai
      • Home Country:
      • Thailand
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Barb_D View Post
    Who is the audience? I really question the need for trying to justify project. "worth to join" - what does that mean?
    // i have to show it in the crowdfunding website. So,it should be directly communicated to the capital providers and also architectural students who interested in my project. // " worth to join "i meant " i'proud of being involved in this valuable project and i never regret to be part of this." Is it imply that meaning?...

thanks a lot
    witk

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Arit graduated with an architecture degree from Kaset University in 2014 and began work with the Institute of the Arts in the Bamboo Architecture section. He has been involved in the Boho Hill project since Aug 2014, and is in charge of the Meditation Cluster, including the design of the Meditation Building. With bamboo architecture now widely recognized as an alternative building material for for sustainable living, the bamboo-and-earth Meditation Building is a project that merits financial support and the interest of other like-minded architects.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

With bamboo architecture now widely recognized as an alternative building material for for sustainable living, the bamboo-and-earth Meditation Building is a project that merits financial support and the interest of other like-minded architects.

Should architecture equate with material?

I am not a teacher.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by tedmc View Post
    With bamboo architecture now widely recognized as an alternative building material for for sustainable living, the bamboo-and-earth Meditation Building is a project that merits financial support and the interest of other like-minded architects.

Should architecture equate with material?

No, it's bamboo (in this case) that's the material. Architecture has to do with how the material is used.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by Witk View Post
    Could you help me rewrite this sentence more naturally and correctly? I need to show this these sentences on a webpage so I need you all to ensure assure me that it's the right for annoucement to display in public. (PS I have changed some of information for privacy.)

Thank you very much.
    witk Unnecessary. We can see your username already.
    See my changes above to the rest of your post. If you are going to be responsible for writing content in English for a website, you need to check your spelling, punctuation and capitalisation very carefully before you publish.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

7. Newbie
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Thai
      • Home Country:
      • Thailand
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

Absolutely yes, I meant to imply that.

8. Newbie
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Thai
      • Home Country:
      • Thailand
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

Many thanks to emsr2d2. I love to learn from mistakes. Another question! How different between assure and ensure ? Why should we use the word " assure " instead if " ensure " in context of above sentences?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast