Native Language
Nepali
Home Country
Nepal
Current Location
Australia
Hi Everyone,

I just want to cut to the chase!

I have been using the immersive way of learning English, so for so good. But the thing is, I am stuck in a level where it seems impossible to break that level and progress. And I am really tired of it.

I listen to songs, watch movies, TV, read, podcasts, I even talk to myself in English, and I've taken it too far that I cannot even speak my own language fluently anymore. But I am really frustrated that I am getting nowhere. I just want to be able to speak like the native speakers. I need help. When it comes to speaking, I just can't do it. When I am reading an article or whatever, I can absolutely do native accent (general America accent, because that's the only accent that is generally available with huge repository at disposal) but as soon as I have to talk to someone, I struggle.

Please, give me some advice. I'm really frustrated.

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
***** NOT A TEACHER *****

You will soon get some great replies.

I ONLY wanted to gently remind you of two things:

1. I have been a member for a few years, so I can guarantee you that the moderators will not be happy with your using your user name as the title of your thread.

a. Your thread title should reflect the general idea of your question.

i. For example: "Stuck at the same language level."

2. As a new member, you can be excused for not knowing that your question should have probably been posted in the "General Language Discussions" forum. This forum is only for specific questions regarding grammar.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
When you say you struggle, can you describe what actually happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.