Healthy eating

Please, check the first part of me essay.
    I would be greatful for any comments:)

My idea of healthy eating

I’m not especially keen on healthy eating but I try to follow some simple principles which I find reasonable.
    Human beings as other animals have a kind of instinct of proper nutrition. A healthy body system is much more sensible about nutrition than the mind. Modern man has a belief that his brain is able to decide what is healthy for the body system. In some cases it can be true, but in general I cannot agree. Even if a mind is so developed and smart to understand all the needs of the body, which is not true, we haven’t got enough motivation to spent out time for this activity. It’s better to allow the body system to follow the instinct and to feed yourself with what it demands.

To implement such point of view into life we should be sure that our instinct is working properly. The civilization in some way damages instincts. Wrong ideas of parents, some bad impression from childhood, aggressive advertisements can prevent instincts from proper working. So, we should restore to life (regenerate) our instinct of proper nutrition and then just follow it.

What I do on that way. First of all, I exclude from the menu all the products which are obviously unhealthy – all kinds of junk food such as synthetic beverages, cakes, and sweets. Then, I try to eat simple food, without salt, sugar, souses, to revive the feeling of real taste of food. Our body system just can’t chose the proper food if their taste doesn’t correspond to their content.

Modern food industry successfully use high-technological means to deceive human instincts, providing the products with perfect appearance and taste. So, we should always use our mind to protect yourself from being deluded. Sensible person should realise that real apples cannot be all of the same colour and shape, and real milk cannot has 1 year shelf life.

You should eat only when you are hungry...
    to be continued

19 of June. Corrected in accordance to Tdol recommendations.
    Last edited by Little Marie; 19-Jun-2006 at 07:00.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: Healthy eating

I’m not especially keen on healthy eating but I try to follow some simple principles which I find reasonable.

As a general rule, I would recommend trying to avoid very short paragraphs like this, or the one at the end. And again, in the fourth paragraph, you break it up like a list. I would suggest that you just keep it all together as continuos text, which would make it easier to read.

Thank you very much for your advice, Tdol!

Could you give me also some recommendation on language usage?

Thank you in advance.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

It needs some tidying up:
    I think that human being as other animals has a kind of instinct of proper nutrition.
    Look at 'human being'and the preposition.

Is it better now? :)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Human beings, like other animals, have an instinct for proper nutrition.

I have removed 'I think', which rarely adds much to writing- I know it's your thinking, so there's no need to tell me.

Healthy body system is much more sensible of nutrition than the intellect (mind).

The next sentence needs some rewriting to me:
    A healthy body is much more sensible about nutrition that the mind.

Modern man has a prejudice that his brain is able to decide what is healthy for all the body system.
    This one, you can do- I am not sure that 'prejudice' is the right word here, and the end needs some tidying up.

I see that there are lots of mistakes I should have noticed myself.
    Thank you for good advice!