• Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Re: HELP! Personal statement

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    By "this" I meant free proofreading service.

and I dont know where is the text messages in this forum? I mean I cannot find anything for sending messages neither in the setting nor in the profile?
    would you please direct me to the page I can send a message to a user?
    thanks my friend :)

2. Banned
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

please delete my SOP it was mistake of me copying it in this way,

No one can help me????

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

3. VIP Member
    Retired English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • Europe
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

Sarii, this is a public forum. Volunteers give up their free time to help people who post questions. Most volunteers are happy to do this, because they know that their responses and corrections may be of interest/benefit to many others. It is not reasonable to ask someone to do this unpaid work and then delete it so that no one else may benefit from it. If you wanted a private, confidential service, then you should have paid someone to do this work privately.

There is also the point that if you know the university you are dealing with expects your SOP to be your own original work, then it was cheating to ask for help, public or private.

4. Banned
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Quote Originally Posted by Piscean View Post
    Sarii, this is a public forum. Volunteers give up their free time to help people who post questions. Most volunteers are happy to do this, because they know that their responses and corrections may be of interest/benefit to many others. It is not reasonable to ask someone to do this unpaid work and then delete it so that no one else may benefit from it. If you wanted a private, confidential service, then you should have paid someone to do this work privately.

There is also the point that if you know the university you are dealing with expects your SOP to be your own original work, then it was cheating to ask for help, public or private.
    you are definitely right, but I did a mistake, there is no way to compensate my mistake?
    one friend of mine was a member of this forum, and were happy and wanted me to beg someone to edit my SOP,
    I mistakenly copied the text here,
    I did mistake and I know this is not reasonable to hire someone to edit my SOP, and not to allow others use that,
    but as I mentioned earlier it was mistake of me and I do apologize from teechar as his correction was great for me, but please delete this or let me know how I can send a private msj?
    it seems it is banned for a new member to send private message??

5. Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

there is no way to compensate my mistake
    Yes- you could simply not submit the corrections you got for free from this site. If getting corrections is cheating, then not submitting them is not cheating. I am a moderator and I am aware of the thread. If Teechar asks me to delete it, I will. If he doesn't, I won't. And given that the only thing left on the site are his corrections, it is purely a matter for him to decide. If you want to submit his version and to have us delete his version, then I will require his permission.

6. Banned
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    Yes- you could simply not submit the corrections you got for free from this site. If getting corrections is cheating, then not submitting them is not cheating. I am a moderator and I am aware of the thread. If Teechar asks me to delete it, I will. If he doesn't, I won't. And given that the only thing left on the site are his corrections, it is purely a matter for him to decide. If you want to submit his version and to have us delete his version, then I will require his permission.
    honestly, I cant understand what do you mean by this "" you could simply not submit the corrections you got for free from this site", I did a thing against the rules of the site???

and would you please tell me how I can send a message to Teechar? you know, I am quite convinced with your explanation that it is up to Teechar to decide what we are supposed to do, and as I mentioned earlier, his work on my SOP was great and help me a lot, but I don't know hoe to ask Teechar or send a message to him.
    would you please give me link of the page I can send private message?

7. Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

You are cheating your educational system and you are trying to play on people's good nature to cover up your cheating. Fortunately for you, Teechar has asked me to remove the post because he does have a good nature. I will leave the rest of the thread up.

I am closing the thread and banning you.
    Last edited by Tdol; 14-Jan-2016 at 13:54.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2