Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Re: HELP! Personal statement

Thank you so much for taking the time correcting this full of mistakes SOP.
one friend of mine told me about the usefulness of this site.
and I should acknowledge that your correction was very helpful. I am happy with that.:-D

I forgot to upload the file via attachment button below this page, and as you may know, if the sop can be found in the net it can be considered plagiarism.
would you please delete this tread? it can heart my admission process:cry:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Say:

Thank you for taking the time to corrrect this error-filled SOP.

(Don't put "SOP" in lower case. It's an entirely different word then.)

There's a reason we ask you not to put personal information in your posts. That way, nobody knows who you are.

Teechar is good, but even he can't catch. everything. However, that might be a good thing. If people see some minor errors they might be more likely to think you did it yourself.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Say:

My primary research objectives and interests are...

sariii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran

I couldn't find any way to send a private message to Teechar to remove the thread.
would you please tell him or her to delete that?

sariii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran

Say:

My primary research objectives and interests are...

How we can delete the SOP ? would you please tell the Teechar to remove that by editing the thread

Thank you my friend :)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Only moderators can do things like delete posts or threads.

If you want to send teechar a PM you'll have to remember that it's all lower case: teechar. But you might want to read the first paragraph again.

Two things. 1. Why would anybody want to work that hard just to have the thread deleted? 2. If anybody wants to "steal" something they will want the improved version, so they wouldn't be stealing anything from you in the first place, would they?

sariii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran

Only moderators can do things like delete posts or threads.

If you want to send teechar a PM you'll have to remember that it's all lower case: teechar. But you might want to read the first paragraph again.

Two things. 1. Why would anybody want to work that hard just to have the thread deleted? 2. If anybody wants to "steal" something they will want the improved version, so they wouldn't be stealing anything from you in the first place, would they?

Actually universities check the SOP for the originality, maybe they check the materials which are filled the net, so I am insisting to remove that.

how I can send a message to teechar? he can simply edit his post by removing my SOP ( it was really helpful for me)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Send a message to Tdol or one of the moderators.

I'm beginning to think that we should stop doing this altogether.

This is a public forum. The people who do the work are volunteers.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

By "this" I meant free proofreading service.

sariii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran

By "this" I meant free proofreading service.

and I dont know where is the text messages in this forum? I mean I cannot find anything for sending messages neither in the setting nor in the profile?
would you please direct me to the page I can send a message to a user?
thanks my friend :)

sariii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran

please delete my SOP it was mistake of me copying it in this way,

No one can help me????

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sariii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran

Sarii, this is a public forum. Volunteers give up their free time to help people who post questions. Most volunteers are happy to do this, because they know that their responses and corrections may be of interest/benefit to many others. It is not reasonable to ask someone to do this unpaid work and then delete it so that no one else may benefit from it. If you wanted a private, confidential service, then you should have paid someone to do this work privately.

There is also the point that if you know the university you are dealing with expects your SOP to be your own original work, then it was cheating to ask for help, public or private.

you are definitely right, but I did a mistake, there is no way to compensate my mistake?
one friend of mine was a member of this forum, and were happy and wanted me to beg someone to edit my SOP,
I mistakenly copied the text here,
I did mistake and I know this is not reasonable to hire someone to edit my SOP, and not to allow others use that,
but as I mentioned earlier it was mistake of me and I do apologize from teechar as his correction was great for me, but please delete this or let me know how I can send a private msj?
it seems it is banned for a new member to send private message??

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

there is no way to compensate my mistake

Yes- you could simply not submit the corrections you got for free from this site. If getting corrections is cheating, then not submitting them is not cheating. I am a moderator and I am aware of the thread. If Teechar asks me to delete it, I will. If he doesn't, I won't. And given that the only thing left on the site are his corrections, it is purely a matter for him to decide. If you want to submit his version and to have us delete his version, then I will require his permission.

sariii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran

Yes- you could simply not submit the corrections you got for free from this site. If getting corrections is cheating, then not submitting them is not cheating. I am a moderator and I am aware of the thread. If Teechar asks me to delete it, I will. If he doesn't, I won't. And given that the only thing left on the site are his corrections, it is purely a matter for him to decide. If you want to submit his version and to have us delete his version, then I will require his permission.
honestly, I cant understand what do you mean by this "" you could simply not submit the corrections you got for free from this site", I did a thing against the rules of the site???

and would you please tell me how I can send a message to Teechar? you know, I am quite convinced with your explanation that it is up to Teechar to decide what we are supposed to do, and as I mentioned earlier, his work on my SOP was great and help me a lot, but I don't know hoe to ask Teechar or send a message to him.
would you please give me link of the page I can send private message?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

You are cheating your educational system and you are trying to play on people's good nature to cover up your cheating. Fortunately for you, Teechar has asked me to remove the post because he does have a good nature. I will leave the rest of the thread up.

I am closing the thread and banning you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.