• Native Language:
      • Czech
      • Home Country:
      • Czech Republic
      • Current Location:
      • Slovak Republic

• Post Thanks / Like

Question Formal letter

Hi all! I would like to ask you for a help, itīs very important for me.
    I should have written a formal letter (form, vocabulary, grammar are important, not content)
    but I think there are many mistakes. Could anyone check it and help me?
    I will appreciate it lot! Thanks :)

Dear Mr and Mrs Prendergast,

I am writing with regard to your advertisement which has been published on the website (link removed). I was looking for a similar job opportunity, when I have noticed your offer, which made a huge impression on me.

I am an eighteen-year-old student at Pankuchova High School, which is located in Slovakia. Although our primary language in the school has been German I have been learning English for more than 7 years. I have never been to any English speaking country as Great Britain or United States of America nevertheless I am fully interested in improving my language skills abroad.

In the following weeks I should make decision, how I would like to spend my summer holidays. Last year I was working in a company, where I was helping in administration department and this position required my full responsibility and exertion. I am prepared to use my hard-working ability and I am also prepared to prosper from my last year experience but this time I am looking for a job opportunity in a different section. Your advertisement reports an information about working in a nature on Holiday Farm with included accommodation and English lessons. When I was younger I used to spend my summer holidays at grandmother living in the countryside, therefore I collected enough experience with helping on a little farm.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or any references are required. I would be grateful if you could send me your statement.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

With gratitude,

Last edited by Tdol; 10-Jan-2016 at 11:58.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Formal letter

Is this a real letter which you are going to send to Mr and Mrs Prendergast?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.