Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Would you please correct my grammar and punctuation in the following sentences

1. In the absence of electricity the room was lit by two candles on the table.
2. If John had trained running more seriously when he was a teenager, he would have probably turned into a professional.
3. If I had lived in England for a few years, I would have spoken English fluently by now.
4. After he lost his job and divorced twice, Peter felt a failure.
5. When Anna got a doctor certificate which confirmed her illness, she took her former company to court.
6. It had taken David years to understand that his wife was only after his money.
7. The dawn had a strange colour that morning - pink and purple flew over each other, as if mixed by an abstract painter.
8. The food they served in that little restaurant was renowned in the whole country. There were rumours that sometimes even the President
slunk inside without his guards to fill his stomach with good meals.
9. If they had listen to the old man' s advice, who told them not to take the boat during the storm, the accident would not have happened.
10. Sometime she felt as if her marriage was dead, but she comforted herself with the thought that they must live together because of their children.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Would you please correct my grammar and punctuation in the following sentences

1. In the absence of electricity, the room was lit by two candles on the table.
2. If John had trained [STRIKE]running[/STRIKE] more seriously when he was a teenager, he would have probably [STRIKE]turned into[/STRIKE] become a professional runner.
3. If I had lived in England for a few years, I would have been able to speak [STRIKE]spoken[/STRIKE] English fluently by now.
4. After he lost his job and divorced twice, Peter felt like a failure.
5. When Anna got a doctor's certificate which confirmed her illness, she took her former company to court.
6. It had taken David years to understand that his wife was only after his money.
7. [STRIKE]The[/STRIKE] Dawn had a strange colour that morning - pink and purple flew over each other, as if mixed by an abstract painter.
8. The food they served in that little restaurant was renowned in the whole country. There were rumours that sometimes even the President slunk inside without his guards to fill his stomach with good meals.
9. If they had listened to the old man, [STRIKE]' s advice,[/STRIKE] who [STRIKE]told[/STRIKE] advised them not to take the boat during the storm, the accident would not have happened.
10. Sometime she felt as if her marriage was dead, but she comforted herself with the thought that they must live together [STRIKE]because[/STRIKE] for the sake of their children.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would say that Anna took her former employer to court. (#5)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Not bad, Bassim!

Status