• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

How to improve my English Writing Skill

Hey I am new in this forum. I want to improve my English writing skill. Because I want to make a blog/website with my own articles. So the first idea came to my mind is improve my writing. I really confuse to see the result showing on google when I type "Learn English Writing online" because every website there's making money with google ads and no one is giving a solid information. Therefore, I decided to join a forum where I think someone can help me to improve my writing skill.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: How to improve my English Writing Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Harris96 View Post
    Hey, I am new in this forum. I want to improve my English writing skill because I want to make a blog/website with my own articles. So The first idea that came to my mind is that I need to improve my writing. I was really confused to see by the results showing on Google when I typed "Learn English Writing online" because every website there's is aimed at making money with Google ads and no one is giving none of them gives a solid information. Therefore, I decided to join a forum where I think someone can help me to improve my writing skill.
    Welcome to the forum.

If you post short extracts of your articles in the Editing and Writing Topics section of the forum, I'm sure some members will find the time to look at them.

Note my corrections to your post above, marked in red.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Not a teacher

I can advise you to read more, while you are reading pay attention to sentence structure, word choice, and how the material flows, practise writing every day and you can use online resources to correct your grammar and essay
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 22-Mar-2016 at 15:54. Reason: Removed link, removed formatting and added "Not a teacher"

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Ukrainian
      • Home Country:
      • Ukraine
      • Current Location:
      • Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Harris96 View Post
    Hey I am new in this forum. I want to improve my English writing skill. Because I want to make a blog/website with my own articles. So the first idea came to my mind is improve my writing. I really confuse to see the result showing on google when I type "Learn English Writing online" because every website there's making money with google ads and no one is giving a solid information. Therefore, I decided to join a/the forum where I think someone can help me to improve my writing skill.
    Not a teacher

Whatching movies, short videos, and talk shows also might hels, as you'll listen to spoken English, learn many new phrases, idioms, phrasal verbs and fixed expressions.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 22-Mar-2016 at 23:15. Reason: Added "Not a teacher"

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by tantrum View Post
    Not a teacher

Whatching Watching movies, short videos, and talk shows also might hels help, as you'll listen to spoken English, learn many new phrases, idioms, phrasal verbs and fixed expressions.
    Tantrum, note my corrections above. You are welcome to answer other learners' questions but please remember to start your responses with "Not a teacher". I have added it to your post for you this time.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Welcome, Harris!

I don't know of a better web forum for improving your English writing. Your questions are welcome here, and so are short pieces you want people here to look at and comment on.

The best way to improve your writing is to read a lot. Anything that you enjoy reading is fine. If you're at a loss, folks here can probably suggest some titles.
    I'm not a teacher. I speak American English. I've tutored writing at the University of Southern Maine and have done a good deal of copy editing and writing, occasionally for publication.