To whom it may concern,

I am writing to express my interest in the Director of Communication and Outreach vacancy, posted in the INBAR careers database, as I feel that my academic background, combined with my competence in the communication sector, have given me a keen awareness of the important role that I, as communicator, play in empowering people.
As my resume indicates, I have had the privilege to work in international and multicultural environments which has allowed me to be more sensitive to diversity and promote respect for multiculturalism. I am fluent in English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese. Moreover, I am committed to the development of my society, especially in regards to the promotion and respect for human rights. This is reflected on the activities that I have been involved in, which have allowed me to be the Country Representative of Mexico before the Korean Ministry of Gender Equality in South Korea.
I am a results-driven communications leader with experience in developing and executing internal and external communication strategies for a wide variety of targets in the private sector, civil society and local government. Last year, I was in charge of drafting the first gender pooled-fund proposal between UN Women, the private sector and the Mexican government; the communications materials designed for each of the stakeholders were so appealing that I was asked to support the rest of the UN Women teams for reviewing and producing innovative and tailor-made printed products in line with the UN frameworks. Furthermore, I try to keep myself updated on the latest global media trends. This has clearly helped me in the way I reach hundreds of people from different countries each day through eye-catching marketing materials including websites, press releases, blogs, Facebook, fact sheets, newsletters, etc. For instance, I took part in the preparations of the He For She IMPACT 10x10x10 UN Initiative, and the Women’s Empowerment Principles publication, and in less than 1 hour He For She and the Global Compact were trending topics on Twitter! Also, the human rights and gender video that I made went viral reaching more than 2,000 likes in Youtube and Facebook in one day.
On the other hand, while I was working for Oxfam GB, I was responsible of producing new content, editing and providing English, Spanish, French and Portuguese language control of MoUs, newsletters, regional intranet, etc. Moreover, as the Senior Coordinator of the Communications department of PVH, I was in charge of developing the whole roadmap of the first communications strategy for PVH in Mexico. The implementation was a complete success reaching more than 500 employees through a wide variety of communications channels such as a multilingual intranet in SharePoint, quarterly online and printed magazines, communiqués, updated Flickr, etc.
I am very excited to learn more about this opportunity and share how I will be a great fit for INBAR. I have enclosed my résumé for your review. Should you have any further questions, you may reach me at the above email.