Student or Learner
Communications and CSR Senior Coordinator
PVH México (Calvin Klein, Speedo y Warners)
· Design and execution of the first communication’s strategy for Mexico.
- Provide regular reports to the headquarters on progress of activities and of developments related to the communication and CSR programs.
- Design, production and publication of a variety of communications materials in English and Spanish including press releases, videos, quarterly magazines, factsheets, blogs, outreach materials, e-newsletters and a range of other marketing materials.
- Prepare speeches and talking points for the Vice-president and the CEO.
- Develop a digital communications strategy that incorporates PVH website, intranet, and social media sites, as well as track user statistics and carry out user surveys when appropriate.
· Day-to-day management of PVH website and social media networks including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts.
· Monitor the public perception of PVH through digital media platforms and recommend appropriate action to maintain a positive image for the organization.
· Project planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring & follow-up of the communication and social responsibility program for Mexico.
· Headed a team of more than 70 staff volunteers comprising of warehouse, retail stores and headquarters as part of the organization’s Corporate Social Responsibility program.
· Capture and share success CSR stories and promote their communication to key audiences.
· Organize and attend to corporate and fundraising events such as town halls, philanthropy and sponsorship events.
· Develop and conduct PR activities that aim to raise the profile of the company.
· Maintain and update media relations contact list/database.
2011- 2014, Haiti and Mexico
Program governance group support & communication officer secondment
· Project coordinator and program execution in Belgium, Canada, Italy, Spain, and El Salvador.
· Research, collect and analyze relevant information related to the development context and emerging issues.
· Production of MoUs.
· Draft and disseminate regular newsletters, letters and reports for LAC audiences and the use of Oxfam’s Regional Director.
· Research and information management of key data on the socio-political, cultural and economic context of the Dominican Republic and Haiti in order to design Oxfam’s corporate strategy in the region..
· Ensure the timely receipt and review of program reports from partner organizations and provide written and verbal feedback.
· Coordinate and facilitate high-level meetings and events such as workshops, training events and campaign launches.
· Prepare background communication and promotional materials for interest groups.
- Liaison and network with key stakeholders, including OI partners, government ministries, NGOs and other local organizations for the development and implementation of specific campaigns, involving conferences and online campaigning.
· Coordinate and update partner online platforms, learning exchange workshops and other fora which facilitate linking and learning between Oxfam, its partners and other stakeholders (website, Dashboard, email, intranet, etc).
· Produce audio-visual products featuring the importance of WEMAN Women's Empowerment Mainstreaming and Networking. This include camerawork, interviewing, preliminary and final editing and distribution.
· Maintain an up-to-date archive of publications, press releases and feature stories, photographic and audio-visual materials.
· Department’s budget management.
Co-founder and Communications Coordinator,
· Draft funding proposals and identify potential stakeholders.
· Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with government, donors, civil society organizations and other relevant partners.
· Organize corporate and sponsorship events.
· Create multimedia content for the intranet (animated videos, video interviews, animated presentations, infographics).
· Develop press notices, media responses, brochures, etc.
· Build the organization´s digital and online media profile.
· Look for opportunities to leverage Olas Verdes work in the media and through speaking opportunities and pitch stories.
· Develop information, training materials and products to increase the understanding of programs, services and policies of the organization.
· Recruit and engage volunteers to strengthen and expand the outreach of the organization.
· Research and analyze economic, social and business news from the Latin American region.
· Main point of contact between the organization’s headquarters in Mexico and its country managers in Argentina, Paraguay, France, Brazil and Colombia.
Publications, Lectures and Awards
- Winner for the best video campaign of “How do you imagine your country in 5 years from now”
- Speaker and Country Representative of Mexico in the Youth Summit of Korea
- Finalist for the best human rights cartel design, The Government of Mexico
- García, Isabel; “Modern English Food” British Council
- Lecturer /Speaker, Instituto Politécnico Nacional
- García, Isabel; “The importance of setting a pacific boundaries between nations”, Goi Peace Foundation
- Nominated and finalist for the “Mujer CEFIM” Award for exemplary display of leadership, ethics, altruism & decisive action