Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Can anyone check my essay? Can I start a sentence with "While"?

Short summary
While Tamizh, along with his family, leads a peaceful life, due to a certain turn of events Tamizh's father faces a grave situation, which in turn disrupts Tamizh's daily life.

Long summary
Thamizh is a young guy who is born in a middle-class family and stays with his parents. When he goes to the temple one day, he sees Hema and romance blossoms. However, there’s a twist in his love story and he ends up getting married to Yamuna, a girl chosen by his parents. And then one day an unexpected incident happen to Thamizh’s fathers. How does it impact Tamizh’s routine life and how he overcomes from this situation?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Can anyone check my summaries [STRIKE]essay[/STRIKE]?

See below.

Can I start a sentence with "While"?
Yes, you can, but it doesn't work in this context.

Short summary
[STRIKE]While[/STRIKE] Tamizh leads a mundane and [STRIKE], along with his family, leads a[/STRIKE] peaceful life with his family, but due to a certain turn of events, Tamizh's father is faced with a grave situation, which in turn disrupts Tamizh's daily life.

Long summary
Thamizh is a young guy who [STRIKE]is born in[/STRIKE] comes from a middle-class family and [STRIKE]stays[/STRIKE] lives with his parents. When he goes to the temple one day, he sees Hema and romance blossoms. However, there’s a twist in his love story and he ends up getting married to Yamuna, a girl chosen by his parents. [STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] Then one day, an unexpected incident happens to Thamizh’s father. How does it impact Tamizh’s routine life, and how can he overcome [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] this challenge? [STRIKE]situation?[/STRIKE]
Is it Tamizh or Thamizh?

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia

See below.

Yes, you can, but it doesn't work in this context.
Noted teechar.

Is it Tamizh or Thamizh?
It's Thamizh. Sorry teechar. My bad, some silly mistakes. Thank you for notifying me.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When are you going to submit your essay to your teacher/tutor?

Status
Not open for further replies.