Can you help me to transcribe this audio file please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello everybody, I must [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] transcribe an audio file, but I'm actually not good at English, and it is too hard for me.

Thanks in advance [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to anyone who will help me. ;-)

Audio file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl8h6aic9jmyxmp/CA - Partie 1.mp3?dl=0

Note that "must to" is incorrect in English; use the base form of the verb after the modal auxiliary verb "must." ;-)

[transcript]

Three point fourteen; part one.
One of the most puzzling paradoxes in social science is that although people spend so much of their time trying to make more money, having more money doesn't seem to make them that much happier. My colleagues Liz Dunne and Lara Aknin, both at the University of British Columbia, and I wondered if the issue was not that money couldn't buy happiness but that people simply weren't spending it in the right way to make themselves happier. Liz had the great idea of exploring whether if we encourage people to spend money in different ways, we could uncover the domains in which money might lead to happiness. We conducted a number of studies in which we showed that money can buy happiness; when people spend that money pro-socially on others - for example, giving gifts to friends, donating to charities ... etc., rather than on themselves, say, buying flat-screen televisions.

anhnha

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
One of the most puzzling paradoxes in social science is that although people spend so much of their time trying to make more money, having more money doesn't seem to make them that much happier.
I had a hard time to recognize "that" here. It seems to be something like "notted". Are there any tips? Thanks.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The narrator is speaking slowly and clearly. He pauses between them and that, and pronounces just the hint of an um. I think you're hearing doesn't seem to make them, um, that much happier. The um​ is very brief.

Status
Not open for further replies.