1. After a fiasco with the economic reforms, the President has
laidmade himself open to criticism from all sides.
2. The air traffic was closed because of the bad weather, but the buses had been
laid ondeployed to take the passengers to their destinations.
3. The police had laid a trap to catch drug dealers.
4. I left the pub when I saw people laying into each other. I did not want to end up with bruises and a black eye.
5. After the latest defeat, the manager of Arsenal
laidput blame on the lack of the defenders.
6. The boss stood in front of his workers, bawling at them, and telling them they should work more or leave the company.
7. The young girl sat on the bench crying; her thin shoulders shook
underbeneath her light summer dress.
8. John talked to his wife as if he were giving orders to soldiers.
9. Gina stood waiting for his boyfriend for a long time, shifting her legs irritably
from one leg to the other.
10. Even those who did not know David felt an aura of self-confidence radiating from him. People drew to him instantly.
Student or Learner