• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • England

Post help for language

Hello, I'm currently a student in secondary school and I'm wanting to get a good grade in English. What can I do to improve ? I've been told that i'm not doing language ( the one were you have to do all of the reading and then putting it into a essay) Although, I would prefer doing that but is there anything I can do to prepare for the language writing

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: help for language

Quote Originally Posted by benwinter12100 View Post
    Hello, I'm currently a student in secondary school and I'm wanting I want to get a good grade in English. What can I do to improve? I've been told that I'm not doing language (the one where you have to do all of the reading and then putting put it into an essay)​. Although (no comma here) I would prefer doing to do that, but is there anything I can do to prepare for the language writing?
    Welcome to the forum.

Please see my corrections above. The part I have put into italics and underlined is not clear. I don't know what you mean by "I'm not doing language".

What exactly are you having problems with?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: help for language

Quote Originally Posted by benwinter12100 View Post
    Hello, I'm currently a student in secondary school and I'm wanting to get a good grade in English. What can I do to improve ? I've been told that i'm not doing language ( the one were you have to do all of the reading and then putting it into a essay) Although, I would prefer doing that but is there anything I can do to prepare for the language writing

There are two subjects in English at GCSE (and A level), English Language and English Literature. You seem to be describing English Literature. (I've never heard of any student not doing English Language.)
    “Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”

— Arthur Schopenhauer