Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
would you mind correcting these two sentences. I think the first one is incorrect. but can you changed it in some way in which the grammar doesn't change a lot?

A convincing argument can be made about the reason of decrease in the number of people who recycled their trash not only lack of knowledge of how important this situation is, but also the limitation of accessible facilities.

A convincing argument can be made about the influence of the number of sports facilities on human well-being not only providing huge opportunity for people to exercise but also encouraging people to attend sports clubs.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Would you mind correcting these two sentences? I think the first one is incorrect (no full stop here) but can you [STRIKE]changed[/STRIKE] change it in some way [STRIKE]in which[/STRIKE] without changing the grammar [STRIKE]doesn't change[/STRIKE] a lot?

A convincing argument can be made [STRIKE]about the reason of[/STRIKE] for the decrease in the number of people who [STRIKE]recycled[/STRIKE] recycle their trash - it is not only a lack of [STRIKE]knowledge[/STRIKE] understanding of how important this [STRIKE]situation[/STRIKE] issue is, but also the limitation of accessible facilities.

A convincing argument can be made about the influence of the number of sports facilities on human well-being not only providing huge opportunity for people to exercise but also encouraging people to attend sports clubs.

Regards.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

See above. I haven't changed the second one because I don't really understand what you're trying to say. Are you simply implying that it's important for there to be many sports facilities so that many people can use them to get fit?

pouriatiz

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

See above. I haven't changed the second one because I don't really understand what you're trying to say. Are you simply implying that it's important for there to be many sports facilities so that many people can use them to get fit?

Thank you so much.

About your question, yes, I want to say that increasing the number of sports facilities definitely has a lot of benefits as I mentioned above, for example.

According to your correction, I want to rewrite my sentence. Is it right now?

" A convincing argument can be made for the increase in the number of sports facilities as the best way for improving human well-being - it is not only providing huge opportunity for people to exercise but also encouraging people to exercise and stay healthy. "

or maybe this:

" A convincing argument can be made for the increase in the number of sports facilities as the best way for improving human well-being - it is not only the huge opportunity to exercise but also the encouragement to join sports clubs. "

Last edited:

pouriatiz

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Please dear friends.

Would you mind answering me in less than 12 hours. I'll have an exam tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Will your sentences actually be part of your exam?

pouriatiz

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
No. I was preparing my self for the IELTS exam.
I took my exam 4 hours ago. It was great. My question was something that I could use this structure. I hope it would be correct grammatically.
Again, thank you so much.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
No. I was preparing [STRIKE]my self[/STRIKE] (the word is "myself" but it's not necessary here) for the IELTS exam.
I took my exam 4 hours ago. It was great. My question was [STRIKE]something[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] about how to [STRIKE]I could[/STRIKE] use this structure. I hoped it [STRIKE]would be[/STRIKE] was grammatically correct. [STRIKE]grammatically. [/STRIKE]
Again, thank you so much.

I'm glad to hear your exam went well. Note my corrections above.

Status
Not open for further replies.