Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is the following right? For example, can I use "treated" after "people" Can I say "the pain level of => 5" after "scored"?

There are more people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who said that the pain was very tolerable
than people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who said that the pain was not tolerable. There are more people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who scored the pain level of => 5 on the numerical pain scale than people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who scored the pain level of < 5 on the numerical pain scale.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is the following right? For example, can I use "treated" after "people" Can I say "the pain level of => 5" after "scored"?

There are more people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who said that the pain was very tolerable
than people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who said that the pain was not tolerable. There are more people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who scored the pain level of => 5 on the numerical pain scalethan people treated using a pad soaked in Solution A who scored the pain level of < 5 on the numerical pain scale.

It's too verbose to be easily understood. Try something like this:

More people treated using a pad soaked in solution A said the pain was "very tolerable" than "not tolerable".... etc.​

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"Greater than or equal to" is symbolized as "x>=5." Not "x=>5."

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Or start with "Of people treated with solution A, ..." And then don't mention Solution A again.

Status
Not open for further replies.