Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Bulgaria
Hi everybody!
I finally decided to open a blog!
I am only 26 years but I think I already so many experiences that they are worth telling about.
The only problem concerns English is not my native langunage and I learned it pretty late. So I am not muche confident to be up it.
Can you have a look at my first post please? I tried to keep it as simple as I could
Here we go:

Hello!
I am Antonio. I am multipotentialite guy!
I am writer, human rights defender, investigator, minimalist, traveller, startupper and student.

I currently work in the Balkans though I write, travel and blog as much as I can. I come from Cassino, a small Italian town close to Rome but I lived, worked or studied in L'Aquila, Teramo, Milan, Padua, Dublin, Nairobi and Sofia.
My mum says I am well-educated: bachelor degree in Investigative Sciences, master degree in Information Security, specialization course in Transnational Crime and almost a second master degree in Human Rights and Multi-level governance.When I was a middle school student I wanted to become a police investigator. My dad fueled my brain with thriller movies and a kind of sense of justice was born in me. I became interested mostly in organized crime issues: one of the worst tragedy of my country.
Some years later I realized that I could not become a police investigator because of my small physical disability and I could never match the requirements for joinining the national Italian police.
However, I did not resign. When I was 16 years old I realized I could accomplish the dream of my life: doing my part in the fight against the Mafia and helping victims of organized crime.
Browsing and reading I discovered the huge Italian antimafia social movement. I first joint E adesso ammazzateci tutti in 2007, then, since 2011 I voluntereed forLibera. Organizations, names and numbers against mafia.Since 2010 I speak in conferences and seminars concerning human rights abuses and violations, promote the social use of seized and confiscated goods, write about transnational organised crime and assist and help victims of organized crime.
In 2013 I worked for ICT company in Milan. I resigned after some months, a classic 9-5 job was not for me.
In 2014 and 2015 I worked, lived and travelled in East Africa. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

Africa taught me many things, I discovered that I am the luckiest person and how to live a meaningful life focusing on what matters!
I am also a lifestyle addicted. I am always busy improving my lifestyle, getting new relationships, experimenting new diets and getting rid of useless stuff. I started exercising, journaling, meditating and getting more meaningful relations.
In 2015 I finally found the purpose of my life: making my life epic inspiring the world. Since 2015 I start every morning meditating on how I can a make my day epic. Since I discovered my purpose I take my most difficult decisions having in mind my core values: abdundance, ........
In 2015 I also founded Confiscato with several friend. It is a social startup aiming to promote, design and project the social use of confiscated and seized assets.

In January 2015 I moved in the Balkans. I have been working for a think thank on topics concerning human rights and counter - organised crime. I really enjoy the city and Bulgarians though in my little spare time I work to accomplish one of the most ambitious project of my life: becoming a nomad and a professional author.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrtony

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Bulgaria
I suppose there are not mistakes.... :)

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
It's very well written. There are a few mistakes, but only minor ones which don't matter as much in a blog as they would in an academic essay.

You seem to be living a full and active life. Good luck with it.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I am only 26 years old, but I have had many experiences worth writing about.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I suppose there are not mistakes.... :)

Say:

I suppose there are no mistakes.

OR

I suppose there aren't any mistakes.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

The problem is that English is not my native language, and I learned it relatively late in life.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I have decided to write a blog.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I am not very confident of my English skills.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I kept it as simple as I could.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The word "try" is a useful word, but let's not overuse it if we can help it.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I am a multi-talented individual.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I am a writer, a human rights activist, an investigator, a minimalist, a traveler, and a student.

I am not sure what you mean by "starter-upper". Do you help people get their businesses started?

You need to make shorter paragraphs.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You could also say:

I decided to start a blog.

I am a little confused. You also say that you have already been blogging.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I currently live and work in the Balkans. I write and travel as much as I can.

Is it a secret where you live in the Balkans? Is it also a secret what work you do there?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What is a minimalist?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The words "help" and "assist" are different words that mean the same thing. Also "seize" and confiscate" are different words that mean the same thing.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If you are currently living in Bulgaria, why don't you just say that instead of saying you are living in the Balkans?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

I come from Cassino, a small Italian town near Rome, but I have lived, worked or studied in L'Aquila, Teramo, Milan, Padua, Dublin, Nairobi, and Sofia.

Status
Not open for further replies.