Student or Learner
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Armenia
Hello everyone
I would be happy if you check my cover letter for EVS program. Thanks in advance

Dear Sir/ Madame
I am writing with reference to your EVS project. My name is Michelle I am 23 years old and I live in Armenia. Currently I am volunteer as an international relations officer in film festival and in cultural projects at French charitable organization.
I chose degree of an English teacher because it would give me the opportunity to travel and get to know new cultures, and that was the case. Plus, I love travelling because it expands your view of the world, it helps you to embrace other cultures, to be less judgmental, to give importance to the things which really are important. Last year, I got the opportunity to live for three months in Egypt as an English teacher and it was an experience that changed my life. I understood that I would love to work in a multicultural environment, with people from any side of the planet because there is a continuous learning process and I love feeling part of a global community.
I am a dynamic person, sociable, responsible and funny, who loves interacting with people, I am open-minded to new ideas and eager to gain new experiences.
Concerning my volunteer experience here comes my first international experience and the best so far, even though it was the shortest. In 2012 I participated in a work camp project in Germany, which reminded me how amazing can life be. I learned many things, I learned what working in a team means, I learned to listen, and I learned to play. The project was about organizing daily activities of children including creative leisure, games, trips, shows, and movie nights.
That is why, after my experiences abroad, I decided to do the European Voluntary Service. I really would like to take part in a project whose aim is to make a part of the world better. When I was abroad I got in touch with many different people and backgrounds and I understood that it is in our generation hands to change the current situation, or at least to try, especially when there are so many people living in unfair situations. There many things that motivates me to participate at the EVS. First of all, I want to get to know a new country and culture. Moreover I want to gain experience for my future. I always wanted to engage in social pursuits. I also enjoy doing voluntary work because I want to make myself useful in the world and help others in need.
I will gain confidence and become more self-sufficient as I will live away from home. Nevertheless, I look forward to a new adventure and I am open for every new experience.
Finally, I would like to say that I think I could fit in this project because I am a responsible person, ready to take any tasks demanded. I am a very communicative person too and I love to get in touch with new people and finally. I enjoy working with children and youth, so definitely I would like to work with elderly people too because elderly appreciate even little thinks we do for them.
I am really looking forward to hear from you!

With kind regards,
Michelle ****

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing with reference to your EVS project. My name is Michelle; I am 23 years old and I live in Armenia. Currently, I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] work as a volunteer [STRIKE]as an[/STRIKE] international relations officer in film festivals and in cultural projects at a French charitable organization.

I chose [STRIKE]degree of[/STRIKE] to become an English teacher because it would give me the opportunity to travel and get to know new cultures. [STRIKE], and that was the case.[/STRIKE] Plus, I love travelling because it expands [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] our view of the world [STRIKE], it[/STRIKE] helps us [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] to embrace other cultures, [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] be less judgmental, [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] and [STRIKE]give importance to[/STRIKE] focus on the things which really are important in life. Last year, I got the opportunity to live for three months in Egypt as an English teacher, and it was an experience that changed my life. I [STRIKE]understood[/STRIKE] realized that I [STRIKE]would love to[/STRIKE] truly enjoy working in a multicultural environment, with people from any [STRIKE]side[/STRIKE] part of the planet because [STRIKE]there[/STRIKE] that is a continuous learning process and because I love feeling part of a global community.

I am a dynamic, [STRIKE]person,[/STRIKE] sociable, responsible and funny person, who loves interacting with people. I am open-minded to new ideas and eager to gain new experiences.

Concerning my volunteer experience, [STRIKE]here comes my first international experience and the best so far, even though it was the shortest. In 2012[/STRIKE] I participated in 2012, in a work camp project in Germany, which reminded me how amazing can life be. I learned many things, [STRIKE]I learned[/STRIKE] especially what working in a team means. I learned to listen, and I learned to play. The project was about organizing the daily activities of children including creative leisure activities, games, trips, shows, and movie nights.

That is why [STRIKE], after my experiences abroad,[/STRIKE] I decided after my experiences abroad to [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] apply for the European Voluntary Service program. I really would like to take part in a project whose aim is to make a difference in [STRIKE]part of[/STRIKE] the world. [STRIKE]better.[/STRIKE] When I was abroad, I got [STRIKE]in touch with[/STRIKE] to meet many different people [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] from various backgrounds, and I understood that it is [STRIKE]in our generation hands[/STRIKE] up to us, the young generation, to change the current situation, or at least to try, especially when there are so many people living in unfair situations.

There are many [STRIKE]things[/STRIKE] factors that motivate me to participate [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] in the EVS. First of all, I want to get to know a new country and culture. Moreover, I want to gain experience for my future. I have always wanted to engage in social pursuits. I also enjoy doing voluntary work because I want to make myself useful in the world and help others in need. With the EVS, I will gain confidence and become more self-sufficient as I will live away from home. [STRIKE]Nevertheless,[/STRIKE] I look forward to a new adventure and I am open [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to every new experience.

Finally, I would like to say that I think I could fit in well with this project because I am a responsible person, ready to [STRIKE]take[/STRIKE] apply myself to any task assigned. [STRIKE]s demanded.[/STRIKE] I am a very communicative person too, and I love to get in touch with new people. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] Finally, I enjoy working with children and youth, [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] and I would definitely [STRIKE]I would[/STRIKE] like to work with elderly people too because [STRIKE]elderly[/STRIKE] they appreciate even the little [STRIKE]thinks[/STRIKE] things we do for them.

I am really looking forward to hearing from you!

With kind regards,

Michelle ****

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
You're welcome.
Note that you don't actually have to write a post to thank someone on the forum. In future, just hit the Like/Thank button instead. ;-)

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Armenia
Hi teechar
Can you please check also this motivation letter

Would you please read if it works, and maybe give me some advice on how to improve it?

Do you think it is too short for a motivation letter that is generally requested to be one page long?
Thank you in advance for your support.

This is with reference to your advertisement on Europa.eu regarding the open position of an EVS Aide for an elderly people at Ntra. **** non-profit organization. With my great enthusiasm, good communication skills and experience with children (also disabled), I am confident I can perform this volunteer job extremely well and contribute to your facility’s operations efficiently. The volunteer-based program offered by your organization is a perfect opportunity for volunteers to strive to meet the emotional needs of isolated older adults, helping them to live a full life.
My name is Ann, I am 24 years old. I’m project manager for V*** and also I have a new startup. I also volunteer in different NGO’s and*** film festival in Albania.
Concerning my international experience I have participated in Au pair program in Germany, where I had to be very responsible, since I was dealing with children and their everyday needs. I also worked in Egypt, so I can say that for me there is no problem to understand and work with different nationalities and traditions.
Now, as far as hobbies are concerned, I am “addicted” to learn foreign languages, reading, travelling and theatre. I consider that they work together perfectly and that I could not possibly live without them.
Finally I would like to say that as a hardworking and tolerant person, I think I could fit in this project because I’m open-minded and respectful, and I have various interests. Working with elders will be a rewarding experience not only for me but the elderly person as well, seeing they will be very pleasing. I will be happy to help them in daily activities.
To finish, I would like to express my gratitude for offering volunteering in your organization and hopefully, at some point I can be part of your wonderful team.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
As teechar indicated, this has already been answered on another forum. Please don't post the same thing on two forums. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.