Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I am ----, a postgraduate student in Chemical Engineering from University of -----. I would like to apply for a PhD candidate at the ---------. While searching the website of the University of ------, I found your research areas interesting to me. Honestly, although I have not already had significant experience in your research area, I hope you consider me as one of the possible options.

I'm so interested in research and education, so generally my grades in bachelor and master was excellent. But this great grades did not satisfy me. In fact, I have had a long desire on nanotechnology as a door to a whole new world. I have always wanted to research in this area. Unfortunately in master, I failed to have an opportunity to work in this field. To be more precise, I spent around two years on structuring an extraction column and conducting my experiments in a field that I am not really able to pursue it in my PhD and my whole life alike.

Admittedly, I feel confident that it will be a priceless opportunity to work within your research group under your supervision and I guarantee I will do my best to satisfy all your desires.

I also have attached my detailed CV and I am looking forward for your kind response.

Yours Sincerely,

----thanks in advance.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear XYZ,

I am a postgraduate student in Chemical Engineering [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] at the University of -----. I would like to apply for a PhD [STRIKE]candidate[/STRIKE] under your supervision at the ---------. While searching the website of the University of ------, I found your research areas interesting to me. [STRIKE]Honestly,[/STRIKE] Although I have not already had significant experience in your research area, I hope you would consider me for one of you research projects. [STRIKE]as one of the possible options.[/STRIKE]

I'm [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] highly interested in research and education, so generally my grades in my bachelor's and master's [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] were excellent. [STRIKE]But this great grades did not satisfy me.[/STRIKE] I am, thus, motivated to pursue further research and do a PhD. In fact, I have [STRIKE]had a long desire on[/STRIKE] always been interested in nanotechnology as a door to a whole new world. [STRIKE]I have always wanted to research in this area.[/STRIKE] Unfortunately in my master's, I [STRIKE]failed to have an[/STRIKE] was not afforded the opportunity to work in this field. To be more precise, I spent around two years working on structuring an extraction column and conducting my experiments in a field that I have since discovered is not my forte. [STRIKE]am not really able to pursue it in my PhD and my whole life alike.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Admittedly, I feel confident[/STRIKE] I am certain that it will be a priceless opportunity to work within your research group under your supervision, and I guarantee you I will do my best to succeed in my research. [STRIKE]satisfy all your desires.[/STRIKE]

I also have attached my detailed CV for your review, and I am looking forward [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] to your kind response.

Yours sincerely,
ABCD
Your letter is a bit short. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.