• Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

• Post Thanks / Like

Writing Exercise #1

I want to improve my grammar/writing skills, without using Google or a Dictionary every time. So please correct my mistakes, if you have time. Thank you very much.

The Motorbike

John loved his Motorbike. He worked overtime, saved the money for more than two years and he could finally afford it. But his wife was not so happy. She didnt feel loved anymore, because John spent his free time with his Motorbike. One day she decided to sell the Motorbike, while John was at work. So she took the Bike and drove to the customer. But on the way she collided with a bus and was heavily injured. John was informed. He cried. He couldn't believe it. He ran all the way to the repair Shop and "thank god", he thought, his Bike was alright.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 01-Mar-2016 at 16:24. Reason: Removed unnecessary line breaks

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Writing Exercise #1

Quote Originally Posted by algo View Post
    I want to improve my grammar/writing skills without using Google or a Dictionary every time. So please correct my mistakes if you have time. Thank you very much.

The Motorbike

John loved to have his own motorbike. He worked overtime, saved the money for more than two years, and he could finally afford it. But his wife was not so happy. She didn't feel loved anymore, because John spent his free time with his motorbike. One day she decided to sell the motorbike while John was at work. So she took the Bike and drove to the buyer. customer. But on the way, she collided with a bus and was heavily badly injured. John was told about the accident. informed. He cried. He couldn't believe it. He ran all the way to the repair shop and; "Thank god",he thought. His Bike was alright.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 01-Mar-2016 at 16:25. Reason: Removed unnecessary line breaks

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Writing Exercise #1

Quote Originally Posted by algo View Post

The Motorbike

John loved his motorbike. He had worked overtime, and saved the money for more than two years until he could finally afford it. But his wife was not so happy. She didn't feel loved anymore, because John spent all of his free time with his motorbike. One day she decided to sell it the motorbike, while John was at work. So she took the bike and drove rode it to the potential buyer customer. But on the way she collided with a bus and was heavily seriously injured. When John was informed, he cried. He couldn't believe it. He ran all the way to the repair shop and "thank god", he thought; his bike was alright.
    Just another version.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 01-Mar-2016 at 16:26. Reason: Removed unnecessary linebreaks