Member Type
Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Hi, when I listen to the live of the R&B singer Maxwell's 'Whenever Wherever Whatever' (http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/663526/whenever-wherever-whatever-vh1-storytellers.jhtml#id=1676425) or (http://tvpot.daum.net/v/8ihW0gJww9k$), he sings the improvised lines and I can't figure out exactly what he is saying. Can you please check out the part 04:03~04:13, and 04:14~04:42? Thank you.

My erroneous guess is:
04:03~04:08: "And if ever you should ever want me, I'd give you the breathe that I breathe."
04:14~04:42: "And if ever you need me baby, if you wanna call me in the morning, if you want to reach on to the left side ??? and speak to me, you don't even have to brush your teeth."

----2016/03/15----
Any help? :-( Changed the video link. Also can anyone explain about the the 'if ever' clause? It seems basically means a low possibility of something than ;if' clause.
Added a new link.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I'm afraid that the link brings up an error with video message for me. I'm based in Japan and got the same message for all of the videos I tried.

If you ever is usually a form with a reduced possibility, as is a first conditional with should in the if-clause, so Maxwell would appear to be offering himself in any circumstances- hoping against hope.

Bebop7

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Sorry for that the link is active. I checked it before editing my post and currently it brings up the same error as you have. :-(
I think the vh1 storyteller does some filtering users based on region. Anyway I've added a new link to my original post. Please let me know the link is fine to you.
And thanks for the clarification of if you ever. Can you check what is said exactly in the singing (the part 04:03~04:08 and 04:14~04:42)?

I'm afraid that the link brings up an error with video message for me. I'm based in Japan and got the same message for all of the videos I tried.

If you ever is usually a form with a reduced possibility, as is a first conditional with should in the if-clause, so Maxwell would appear to be offering himself in any circumstances- hoping against hope.

Bebop7

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
My first post is gone after finishing the reply with quote. :-? The link is (http://tvpot.daum.net/v/8ihW0gJww9k$) or (for US region, http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/663526/whenever-wherever-whatever-vh1-storytellers.jhtml#id=1676425)

----- 2016/03/17 updated ------
My erroneous transcript is:

04:04 And if ever you should ever want me, I'd give you the breath that I breathe.
- To my ear, he said ever two times before you and before want, respectively.
04:15 And if ever you need me baby if you wanna call me in the morning.
04:27 If you want to reach on to the left of ? bed and speak to me
- The challenging part to me is the words between the left and speak to me.
04:39 You don't even have to brush your teeth
- Little sense of humor. :cool:

Waiting for your help.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
My erroneous guess is:
04:03~04:08: "And if ever you should ever want me, I'd give you the breathe that I breathe."
04:14~04:42: "And if ever you need me baby, if you wanna call me in the morning, if you want to reach on to the left side of the bed and speak to me, you don't even have to brush your teeth."

I have added the missing bit in bold.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
My first post is gone after finishing the reply with quote. :-?

Posts by new members that contain links have to be approved to try to control spam and advertising. As you edited the link, the post was sent back into moderation. After ten posts, the restriction ends. It does help to stop the flow of junk, but it affects proper posters negatively- humans have to pay for the bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.