[Cover Letter] Could you revie Cover letter please, Many thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trepojonit

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Belgium
Could you review my Cover letter please, Many thanks !!

Dear Sir or Madam

Owing two masters degrees from the "Université Libre de xxx" (ULB, xxx) in political science and sociology and beeing fluent in french and english, I'm currently looking for a new opportunity in a new sector.

After working in the European institutional sector as a researcher and consultant in public affairs I am looking for redeployment and a career transition. It is in this perspective that the professor charge you offer is of particular interest to me. Therefore I would like to bring to your attention my candidacy.

Having a diplomatic nature and with excellent listening and pedagogy skills, I have a great capacity to ease tension. Moreover, during my university education I have shown the keenest interest in sociological and political issues related to education. In this sense I had the opportunity to write a thesis on the issues of secularism in schools under the direction of xxx.

I Already have solid experience as a coordinator and more generally in the editorial work, I am also a neurolinguistic programming practitioner and I have excellent communication skills. Also, my field experience and militant allowed me to strengthen these qualities while awakening in me a deep sense of civic responsibility.

Convinced of the value of an occupation that would allow me to put my skills to the service of humanity, it is with much conviction that I believe in the value that we might have for future collaboration. In this sense, of course I am at your disposal to convince you of my abilities and my motivation during an interview to express verbally what can not be written.

Regards

Many many thanks again !!

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Could you review my cover letter please. Many thanks. [strike]!![/strike]

Dear [STRIKE]Sir or Madam [/STRIKE] Sir/Madam

[STRIKE]Owing[/STRIKE] I have two masters degrees, [strike]from the "Université Libre de xxx" (ULB, xxx)[/strike] in Political Science and Sociology from the "Université Libre de xxx" (ULB, xxx), [strike]and[/strike] [STRIKE]beeing[/STRIKE] am fluent in French and English and [STRIKE]I'm[/STRIKE] I am currently looking for an [STRIKE]new[/STRIKE] opportunity in a new sector.

See my changes above to your opening sentences and to the greeting and first paragraph of your letter.

trepojonit

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Belgium
Ok, Many thanks emsr2d2!

trepojonit

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Belgium
By "institutional sector" I mean of the institutional environment such as European Institutional environment

"my field experience and militant" it's pretty inarticulate in deed I wanted to say both my field and my militant experience ...

thank you for your comments!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Do you mean "military experience"? Look up the word "militant" and see why it isn't the right word for your piece.

trepojonit

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Belgium
No I was looking for a less pejorative term for "activist"

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
In my opinion, unless you're expressing an interest in joining a militant activism group, I would avoid any mention of "militant" and "activist" in any paperwork to do with job applications or university applications. Some places still take a very dim view of such actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.