• Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

Informal letter Cae Selling an old camera on an Internet auction site

Dear Alice

How are you doing today. I am sorry for not writing for so long. Iíve been so busy these days as Iíve moved into a new apartment. In the same time, I would like to tell you about a bad experience of mine.

Do you remember the camera that I bought the last summer?. Well, you may be wondering what Iíve done with it! Believe me or not.., I decided to sell it on an internet auction website, which a friend of mine recommended me.

To be honest with you, It was a priority to sell it due to Iíve had recently some financial problems. So finally I went on that website. I quickly signed up and shortly after, I posted my article ,including few pictures of my camera and some little description. I was having my dinner and I was feeling impatient to check the bidding system.., suddenly I went back into my little office and I saw that someone wanted to pay 250$!, the buyer sent me an email, and promised me to make the payment, once the item was delivered.

In a weekís time, I sent her the camera but the bad news, I still expecting to receive her payment. Whatís even worse, I reported to the administrator about what happened, much to my disgrace, I didnít get any feedback from him! I realised that these websites and its communities are not trustworthy, so, I recommend you never to use one of them!

Anyway I must go now, phone me as soon as possible.
    Kisses, Natasha

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Re: Informal letter Cae Selling an old camera on an Internet auction site

Quote Originally Posted by Natalia_23 View Post
    Dear Alice,

How are you doing today. I hope you're doing well. I am sorry for not writing for so long, but Iíve been so busy these days as Iíve moved into a new apartment. In the same time, I would like to tell you about a bad experience I had lately. of mine.

Do you remember the camera that I bought the last summer? Well, you may be wondering what Iíve done with it! Believe me it or not, I decided to sell it on an Internet auction website which a friend of mine recommended. me.

To be honest with you, It was a priority to I needed to sell it due to because Iíve had recently had some financial problems. So, finally, I went on that website, and I quickly signed up and shortly after, I posted my article, including a few pictures of my camera and some little a brief description. I was having my dinner and but I was feeling impatient to check the bidding. system suddenly I went back into my little office and saw that someone wanted to pay bid $250 for it! The buyer sent me an email and promised me to make the payment once and asked for the item to be promptly shipped. was delivered.

Within a week, I packed and shipped the camera to that person, In a weekís time, I sent her the camera but the bad news is I am still expecting waiting to receive her payment. Whatís even worse, I reported the incident to the administrator of that website, about what happened, but, much to my disappointment, disgrace, I didnít get any feedback from him! I realised now realise that these websites and its communities their users are not always trustworthy, so I strongly recommend that you never to use such websites. one of them!

Anyway I must go now. Phone me whenever you get a chance. as soon as possible.

Kisses,

Natasha

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Unlike teechar, I would not capitalise "internet".

I'm surprised by your tale. Most internet auction sites require the buyer to pay for the item before it is posted by the seller.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 07-Mar-2016 at 10:50. Reason: Edited name of user I mentioned
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    I would not capitalise "internet".
    Fair enough, but both the Oxford and Cambridge dictionaries list it as starting with a capital letter.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 07-Mar-2016 at 10:50.