• Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Who is christian

Hello,

I am confused about how to ask a question within a sentence.It would be a great help if you could clear that up for me.

The statement I am confused about is: I am confused as to who is christian, "The one who looks like christian", or " The one who is christian at heart."

Do I need a question mark?

Thank you for your time and contemplation.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: Who is christian

Do you mean "Christian"? Note that it is capitalised whether you are referring to the religion or to the male first name.

I'm not sure where you think you could put a question mark in any of the sentences in your post. There should, of course, be a question mark after "Who is Christian" in your title.

If you're trying to put one at the end of the sentence which starts "I am confused", then no. We put a question mark at the end of an actual question (they start with "who/what/where/when/why or a verb form such as "Does/did/was ... + verb").
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

How is it possible to "look like (a) Christian"? What does a Christian look like in your opinion?
    “Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”

— Arthur Schopenhauer

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

I did not know whether you knew about Sikh or not,they look quiet distinct, so I had to change "Sikh" to something familiar.

I am sorry if I hurt anyone's sentiments.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by gurpreetgill4u View Post
    I did not know whether you knew about Sikhs or not. They look quiet quite distinct, so I had to changed "Sikh" to something familiar.

I am sorry if I hurt anyone's sentiments feelings.
    Note my amendments above. I would say just about everyone on this forum has heard of Sikhism. In what way do you think that Sikhs "look quite distinct"?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Unshaved hairs,turban,and Kirpan.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by gurpreetgill4u View Post
    They have unshaved hairs hair, wear a turban (no comma here) and carry a Kirpan.
    Note my changes above. Please write in full sentences. I believe that all of the things you have listed refer to male Sikhs. Are female Sikhs so distinctive?

Going back to your original question, however, Christians have no such distinguishing features with the exception of the fact that some of them choose to wear a crucifix on a chain around their neck.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Female Sikhs traditionally wear a Salwar Khameez (sometimes known as a Punjabi suit). It's similar to the way that Indian Muslim women and young Indian girls of all religions dress. https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/s...ee&fr2=piv-web
    “Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”

— Arthur Schopenhauer

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

OK, so we have established that probably asking "Who is Sikh?" is probably a redundant question if a follower of the Sikh faith is so easily recognised to those who are aware of those distinguishing features/clothing etc.

The OP still hasn't addressed the question of where he/she didn't know whether to use a question mark.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

I think the idea you're looking for is whether the person simply follows the rules and creeds of a religion or has genuinely taken the religion into their heart.