Member Type
Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Hong Kong
I am writing a letter to my friend about the past challenges I faced on my job. Teacher, can you see if there are any grammar errors. Thank you.

Two main challenges I faced on my job last year were time management and multi-tasking. There were so much to do every day, incoming e-mails, incoming faxes and making/returning telephone calls. These caused me some anxiety and stress. In addition, I had a list of urgent tasks to do. I had to multi-task and it was difficult. I wish there were more than 7 working hours each day. I think this lack of time may have prevented me from completing some of the tasks I originally planned to do. To overcome this challenge, I prepare a to-do-list every day, with the most important tasks at the top. I tell myself it is impossible to complete all tasks at the same time and not to have too high expectations of myself. I have to improve my multi-tasking skills and also learn how to manage my time well. I list down the tasks I need to do on each day of the week. If my boss wants me to attend to something urgent, I will drop everything temporarily and then go back to revise my to-do-list. Now, I still face these two main challenges but I think I am better in dealing with them. I have gained more experience.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
That's a very formal letter to write to a friend!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I am writing a letter to my friend about the past challenges I faced [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in my job. [STRIKE]Teacher,[/STRIKE] Can you see if there are any grammar errors please? Thank you.

The two main challenges I faced [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in my job last year were time management and multi-tasking. There [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] was so much to do every day - incoming e-mails, incoming faxes and making/returning telephone calls. [STRIKE]These[/STRIKE] That caused me some anxiety and stress. In addition, I had a list of urgent tasks to do. I had to multi-task, and it was difficult. I wish there were more than 7 working hours each day. I think this lack of time may have prevented me from completing some of the tasks I'd originally planned to do. To overcome this challenge, I prepare a to-do-list every day, with the most important tasks at the top. I tell myself it is impossible to complete all tasks at the same time, and I try not to have too high an expectation of myself. I have to improve my multi-tasking skills and also learn how to manage my time well. I list down the tasks I need to do [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] each day. [STRIKE]of the week.[/STRIKE] If my boss wants me to attend to something urgent, I will drop everything temporarily and then go back to revise my to-do-list. Now, I still face these two main challenges, but I think I am better [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at dealing with them. I have gained more experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.