Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
Hi, everyone. Today, I am going to talk about improving your health through eating habits and exercises. According to the Canadian Cancer Society, cancer risk can be increased or decreased by lifestyle choices and the kind of environment a person lives and works in. About half of all cancers can be prevented through healthy living and policies that protect the public (Canadian Cancer Society, 2016). Lots of urban people, they are under pressure and in the fast-paced life in cities, and they have habits such as skipping breakfast, rush lunch, and overnight which will cause health hazard. If you are one of them, and do not know what to do? Don't worry.
First of all, you can start off change your eating habits. Cooking more at home helps you to control the food you are taking. Remember to have breakfast every day, breakfast offers body and brain with energy after all night. And I highly recommend prepare your breakfast combining a protein with a carbohydrate based food such as bread or oats, protein sources include milk, eggs, nuts and meat such as bacon. To prevent dine out for the dinner or supper, you can choose to make your own sandwich last night with whole grain bread or bagel. Why whole grain? The whole grains are good sources of many nutrients consist of protein, fiber, iron, and magnesium. Furthermore, the study shows that eating whole grains will reduce stoke, diabetes, and heart disease risk. For the supper, I would say do not have it too late. Eating late affects the digestion, and calories that are consumed at night are normally not processed as efficiently as those during the day. I suggest avoiding meat late at night, especially beef, and take some fruits and yogurt instead.
If you always eat lots of junk food or the food do not have nutrients, trying to cut it down to only once a month. There is a method I can share with you according to my cousin’s real experience. My cousin used to love burger king and mc Donald, and his bed room was full of chips and pops. Since he realized that he was too fat to buy clothes, he began to lose weight. The first thing he did was throwing out all the junk foods. And then he started to set up a meal plan every day, in order to achieve the target, he also recorded the reflection for every meal he took.
Second thing I want to share is how to build an exercise habits. Most people are passionate and excited about their fitness plan when they walk in the gym first time, however, how many of them endure to the end. In terms of this issue, I get inspired from James Clear, one of the most popular bloggers writes things on habits and behavior change. James Clear claimed that trying to make exercise a habit, and there are three simple ways he shared in the blog: 1. Develop a ritual to make starting easier. 2. Start with an exercise that is ridiculously small. 3. Focus on the habit first and the results later.
The first one, develop a ritual to make starting easier. What I do is setting up fitness schedule every week, and to make sure work out three times a week. There is a tip I can share, do not write your schedule too specific, for example, what time should I start work out, and trying to make everything more flexible and easy to follow.
The second one, start with an exercise that is ridiculously small. If it is a warm sunny day, taking a walk with your family after supper; if it is a rainy day, trying treadmill workout at gym; if you are busy, just do some push-up and bent-knee on the bed before sleeping.
The last one, focus on the habit first and the results later. This point is basically about the attitude. Everyone needs to know that they cannot be healthy and slim only after one day, and it all depends on time and yourself.
Overall, when you embrace a healthy life habits, your body will have better immunity to against inflection. For the guys, you will have less stress and sleep well at night; for you ladies, you do not have worry about your body shape and will have more confidence. It is very important to take care of your bodies since it can not only increase your life longevity but also prevent you from having health issues. What you need to do now? Building a healthy life habits and become a better you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
What are you going to do this piece once it's corrected?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Will you be marked/graded on your presentation?

Status
Not open for further replies.