Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
G'day,

Could you please help me to correct my cover letter. I am mom of 4, one disabled child, and I can't find a job more than 2 years already. I feel something wrong with my cover letter and CV as well :(

Thanks so much for a help.

Dear Hiring Team:

I am writing in response to the position of Assistant Accountant advertised on xxxxxxx.com.au. As an accountant, who is skilled in accounts payable/receivable activities, as well as billing, payroll, and other areas of accounting, I would like to offer my experience and knowledge to your company.

My excellent attention to details, ability to maintain clear and accurate financial records and work independently and as part of a team, have contributed to my success in accounting and financial operations positions. I have performed a wide variety of accounting activities, including processing receipts, sales invoices and payments, bank reconciliation, end of month accounts reconciliation, processing payroll, preparing income statements and balance sheets, completing BAS forms. I have solid skills in accounting software such as MYOB and QuickBooks. I am proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).

My polite and cheerful nature, good written and verbal communication skills allow me to interact very well with colleagues at all levels as well as clients and customers. I am honest and discreet when dealing with my professional duties and I always willing to learn new skills in order to enhance my abilities and to contribute to the organization.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss with you in person my background and qualifications. Please feel free to contact me at 0000 00 000 or email me at xxxxxxxx@outlook.com if you have any questions. Thank you for your time and consideration.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Hiring Team,

I am writing in response to the position of Assistant Accountant advertised on xxxxxxx.com.au. As an accountant, who is skilled in accounts payable/receivable [STRIKE]activities,[/STRIKE] as well as billing, payroll, and other areas of accounting, I would like to offer my experience and knowledge to your company.

My excellent attention to detail, and ability to maintain clear and accurate financial records and work independently and as part of a team, have contributed to my success in my previous positions in accounting and finance. [STRIKE]financial operations positions.[/STRIKE] I have [STRIKE]performed[/STRIKE] worked in a wide variety of accounting roles, [STRIKE]activities,[/STRIKE] including processing receipts, sales invoices and payments, bank reconciliation, end of month accounts reconciliation, [STRIKE]processing[/STRIKE] payroll, preparing income statements and balance sheets, and completing BAS forms. I have solid skills in the latest versions of accounting software [STRIKE]such as[/STRIKE] including MYOB and QuickBooks. I am also proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).

My polite and cheerful nature, along with my good written and verbal communication skills allow me to interact very well with colleagues and clients at all levels. [STRIKE]as well as clients and customers[/STRIKE]. I am honest and discreet when [STRIKE]dealing with[/STRIKE] carrying out my professional duties, and I am always willing to learn new skills in order to enhance my abilities and to contribute to the organization.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss with you in person my background and qualifications. Please feel free to contact me at 0000 00 000 or email me at xxxx if you have any questions. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,

ABCD

Zoe Alexandra

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Thank you, Teechar!!!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
You're welcome, Zoe Alexandra, and I wish you all the best with your job search.
Please also note that you don't need to write a post to thank someone on the forum. It's really quite sufficient to click the Thank/Like button to show your appreciation. ;-)

Zoe Alexandra

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Dear teechar,

Can I kindly ask you to help me again?
(I'm pretty sure it will be last plea :))

It is a sort of introduction of myself in my CV, could you please have a look if it sounds not too good:

"Accountant with experience in different areas, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking, payroll, purchasing, inventory and financial reporting. Excellent knowledge of finance & accounting procedures, maintenance of the general ledger, processing sales invoices, bills and payments, preparation of weekly/monthly bank reconciliation, end-of-month accounts reconciliation, preparing financial statements, completing BAS. Solid experience with MYOB, QuickBooks, MS Office.
Having conscientious and hardworking nature, helpful and very friendly attitude towards colleagues, enthusiastic and passionate about maintaining neat and accurate records."

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Can I kindly ask you to help me again?
Of course! :)

I'm pretty sure it will be last plea.
If by that you mean that you are confident you will get a job soon, then, hurray! :cool:
Otherwise, you're welcome to ask any time.

Accountant with experience in different areas, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking, payroll, purchasing, inventory and financial reporting. Excellent knowledge of finance & accounting procedures, maintenance of the general ledger, processing sales invoices, bills and payments, preparation of weekly/monthly bank reconciliation, end-of-month accounts reconciliation, preparing financial statements, and completing BAS. Solid experience with MYOB, QuickBooks, and MS Office.
[STRIKE]Having[/STRIKE] I am a conscientious and hardworking professional, [STRIKE]nature,[/STRIKE] and I endeavour to be helpful and very friendly [STRIKE]attitude[/STRIKE] towards my colleagues. I [STRIKE]enthusiastic and passionate about[/STRIKE] take pride in maintaining [STRIKE]neat[/STRIKE] well-organized and accurate records.

Zoe Alexandra

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
If by that you mean that you are confident you will get a job soon, then, hurray! :cool:
Otherwise, you're welcome to ask any time.

you guessed it, i'll have an interview next week! :-D

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I wish you good luck with the interview. :) :up: