Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
Qatar
I want to write an explanation letter to my boss for my poor work performance. Please see below and correct if any mistakes.

Sir,

Further to your memo dated...... regarding my work performance, please find below my explanation.

​I have realized that my recent performance was not matching with the needed standard and I really need to work on it. As you are aware, due to the current financial scenario in the market, I am facing difficulties to meet the sales target endorsed on me. However, I will try my level best in future to achieve the goals towards the growth of the organization.

I will surely keep all the suggestion in mind that has been given by the management.

Sincerely,

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Mr Johnson, [STRIKE]Sir[/STRIKE],

Further to your memo dated...... regarding my work performance, [STRIKE]please find below my explanation.[/STRIKE]​I have realized that my recent performance was not [STRIKE]matching with[/STRIKE] up to the [STRIKE]needed[/STRIKE] expected standard, and that I really need to work on it. As you are aware, due to the current financial scenario in the market, I am facing difficulties [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] in meeting the sales target [STRIKE]endorsed on[/STRIKE] set for me. However, I will try my level best in future to achieve [STRIKE]the goals[/STRIKE] better results and to contribute towards the growth of the organization.

I will [STRIKE]surely[/STRIKE] certainly keep all [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] the management's suggestions in mind. [STRIKE]that has been given by the management.[/STRIKE]

Sincerely,
You should know the name of your own boss.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I think you should do your best instead of try your best.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I want to write an explanation letter to my boss for my poor work performance. Please see below and if you see mistakes, correct them.

Sir, [Don't you know his name?]

Regarding my work performance, I realize that I need to work on it. As you are aware, the slow market is making it difficult to meet my sales targets. However, I will do my best to achieve those goals.

I will keep in mind your suggestions [Or, they're not his suggestions, say "management's" instead of "your."].

[It would be fine to name those suggestions, IF you can be concise! It would show that you're listening.]

Sincerely,

Much too wordy! Good salespeople get to the point.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say: