Nobody wants to help me?
Student or Learner
I have got a book written by Debra Philips for TOEFL preparation. In a exercise from the Writing section students must proofread some provided texts. I have done one of them but it seems that my corrections are different from the answer keys of the book. I think my corrections are ok too but I'm not sure about it. would you please take a look at my corrections and tell me your opinions regarding them?
The Original Text:
My corrections:I understand that it seems importantly for a student to prepare early their assignments rather than procrastinate in getting assignments done. However, although I understand this clear, I always seem to wait until the finally minute to get assigning projects done. There are two reasons why I regular procrastinate on my assignments academic in spite of the fact that this is not a best way to get my work done.
The Answer Key:I understand that it seems
importantlyimportant for a student to prepare early theirhis assignments early rather than procrastinate in getting assignments done. However, although I understand this clearAlthough understanding this clearly, I always seem to wait until the finally minutefinal minutes to get assigning projects doneto do the assigned projects. There are two reasons why I regularregularly procrastinate onin my assignments academic in spite of the fact that this is not athe best way to get my work doneto do my works.
Regards.I understand that it seems
importantlyimportant for astudents to prepare early their assignmentstheir assignments early rather than procrastinate in getting assignments done. However, although I understand this clearclearly, I always seem to wait until the finallyfinal minute to get assigningassigned projects done. There are two reasons why I regularregularly procrastinate on my assignments academicacademic assignments in spite of the fact that this is not athe best way to get my work done.
Nobody wants to help me?
I have some comments:
1. For a general statement and to avoid gender bias, using "students" and "they" are preferred in the first sentence, though your sentence is not incorrect.
2. The first part of the second sentence is an independent clause which requires the subject "I".
3. It is usually "the last/final minute(singular)" rather the "the final minutes".
4. There is a difference between "to do something"(which you have written) and "to get something done". The latter implies "doing until completion".
5. I think the preposition to go with "procrastinate" could be "on" or "in" but since the former is used, there is no need to correct it.
I am not a teacher.
Rather than "importantly" say "important" there. (First paragraph.)
OK. You did it right. I will pay attention better from now on.
I would have done it exactly the way it has it in the answer key.
One thing. Say:
I have a book.
There are two words I would never use:
(OK, two things.)
I have got a book.
Leave out the "got" there.