someone to evaluate my pronunciation, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salwa Aj

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Tunisia
Current Location
Tunisia
I'm not even sure if i speak American or British english. Actually, it might just be a weird accent. Your feedback would be extremely helpful. Thank you for your time.

NOTE FROM MODERATOR: Please note that the OP has now removed this video from YouTube so don't bother trying to click on it.

Thread closed.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm not even sure if I have an American or a British accent. Actually, I think it may just be a weird one. I'm looking forward [strike]for[/strike] to your [strike]feedbacks[/strike] feedback. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Note my corrections above. Correct capitalisation and punctuation are vital in written English.

I haven't had a chance to listen to your recording yet.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You need to work on your vowel sounds and intonation. However, speaking naturally, rather than reading a fairly difficult text, would give a more accurate picture of how you speak.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I concur about checking your vowels. You pronounce your final Rs, so I guess you're studying American pronunciation.

When past forms end in -ed, the e is not pronounced and the d is pronounced like t. For example, "watched" is pronounced with the intimidating string of consonant sounds /tsht/. Don't be concerned if you can't manage all those sounds together, but do reduce the e to its shortest possible length.

The vowel sounds are more important for comprehensibility than how you pronounce ​-ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.