Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Canada
Are these sentences right?

I received a call from Mr. Oh and I decided to take down the message for you instead of forwarding the call to you as I knew you were not at your desk at that time. I hope you are fine with that. Mr. Oh said their products would be ready in one to two months time.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I received a call from Mr. Oh and I decided to take a message for you, (instead of forwarding the call,) as I knew you were not at your desk at that time. I hope you are fine with that. Mr. Oh said their products would be ready in one to two months time.
I think you could dispense with the part in brackets as it's not really necessary.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Anglophones would write I hope you are OK with that or I hope that's OK with you, not I hope you are fine with that. "Fine" is used in affirmative replies, but usually not in questions or statements meant to evoke a response.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Are these sentences right?

Not bad! I'd say:

I received a call from Mr. Oh, and I decided to take down the message for you instead of forwarding it, because I knew you were not at your desk [Delete: at that time]. I hope you are fine with that. Mr. Oh said their products would be ready in one or two months time.

You need the first comma because it's a compound sentence. You need the second comma because you're starting a dependent clause. You also had some unneeded words, which I took out. In conversational English, it's good to be concise.

I hope that helps!

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Status