"My husband and I make sure that little Beyoncé goes down for a nap at 10am and 4pm".
The specific phrase you quoted could be used in a dialogue like this:
John: Can I come and see you in about ten minutes?
Jane: Yes, that should be fine. Betty is going down for a nap in about five minutes so hopefully she'll be asleep by the time you get here.
John: Great. See you soon.
Note my corrections to your post above. It's important to follow these rules of written English at all times:
- Start every sentence with a capital letter, including the first letter of a complete sentence enclosed in quotation marks.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Do not put a space after opening quotation marks.
- Do not put a space before closing quotation marks.
Student or Learner