Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Great Britain
I recently asked my old boss for a reference letter, he was kind enough to send me one but the grammar and general understanding of some sentences are strange as his first language isn't English. I've found it very difficult trying to correct it (which he has asked me to do before signing). I would really appreciate any help that you can give, I just want it to read more smoothly.

Here is a copy of the reference letter:

To whom it may concern,

FIRST NAME LAST NAME worked in my company as a graphic designer from April 2014 to August 2015. It was a very pleasant experience working with FIRST NAME in our company in Beijing, China.

FIRST NAME is that kind of designer whose work does not only tell, but actually make conversations with users. This is a very precious capability of designers in the digital age.

She successfully demonstrated her designing skills of controlling details and thinking out of the box. Her works many times gained the company reputation from even some of the most demanding clients such NAMES OF CLIENTS IN A LIST.

Sadly, FIRST NAME had to return to the U.K for her personal pursuit. But I definitely recommend any company who is looking for a young, passionate and skilled designer to consider FIRST NAME LAST NAME as your ideal candidate.

Sincerely yours,

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
To whom it may concern:

Mona Smith worked in my Beijing company as a graphic designer from April 2014 to August 2015. It was a very pleasant experience for all of us.

Mona is that kind of designer whose work connects with users. This is an essential element in the digital age.

She regularly demonstrated her ability to think out of the box, thus burnishing our company's reputation with such demanding clients as Usingenglish.com, Parser's Ice Cream, and The Times of Jupiter.

Her returning to the United Kingdom is our loss, but it can be your gain if you give this young, dedicated, and skilled designer an opportunity to bolster the success of your company.

Sincerely yours,

George Washington

NOT A TEACHER

Hello,

I have made a few suggested changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.